Re-Introduction - 2 Year Hiatus - SR250 Project - Calgary, AB

sbruton

Where the fvck is that money you owe me?!?
Good afternoon DTT'ers...

I just wanted to send out a quick note to say hello...again. I was around for a while a couple of years ago and worked on a pair of 1978 KZ650Bs. I completed one (sold it) and got the second project "mostly" done before I sold it as well. I live in Calgary, Alberta and primarily ride dirt bikes (2013 KTM 200 XCW) but have recently acquired a small thumper - 1980 SR250. I've always wanted to work on a single cylinder street bike, and this one fell into my lap...

The bike is in really good shape, with no rust and very little grease and grime to clean up. Most of the wear items (cables, chain, sprockets etc) are all in good shape and will suffice until I get further along in the project. It only has about 18,500 km on it and seems to run well with no obvious signs of wear or abuse. I've had it for a few weeks now and have done some minor work to it; mostly getting it running and gave it a "once over" before starting to tear it down.

My current plan is to simplify the wiring harness, minor frame mods and give it an dualsport/ off-road treatment for cruising gravel roads etc.

Here it is the day I brought it home:

And.. how it sits at the moment:

Glad to have a project again and look forward to getting a build thread going.

Thanks and have a great day

Agreed! It will be nice to work on a project that isn't caked in grime for a change.

Not that I don't want to get my hands dirty!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom