New member, long-time lurker

medicalmechanica

Been Around the Block
Hey guys,

I've been lurking around DTT for a while, but since I finally got a little old Honda bike I figured it was time to join up. On Monday I bought what I thought was a 70s CB175 from a friend's dad, but when he gave me the title I learned that it's a 1968 CB175 sloper, which is way cooler as far as I'm concerned because not only are there not a bunch of 175s around, it's a sloper too!

I picked it up today and it starts up after a few kicks and I can ride it, but I've got a stuck float pin in my right-hand side carb that I'll be fixing tomorrow, and there's a leak on the left hand side of the engine that I'm told is a cam seal issue that should be fairly easy to fix. I plan on cruising it around until it finally snows here in New Mexico, and then I'll probably start doing some reversible cafe racer stuff to it, like flatter bars and maybe a seat and upgrades to lights and such.

Anyway, this forum has been a huge source of information for me so thanks to everyone here, and I'm sure I'll have quite a few questions because this is my first motorcycle so thanks in advance for the help!

Back
Top Bottom