Central Florida GS450S

Boba

Hello all, I'm Boba. I live in the central Florida area. I own, operate, and turn wrench on my 1981 GS450S. It's mostly stock save some pods a previous owner put on and a paint job, again from a previous owner.

I picker her up earlier this year, sorted out a bad rear wheel, new chain, new bearings, new rear brake shoes, new rear tire (front is el primo condition), and sorted a lean running condition.

I've been riding since I was 14, but not much on the street until later in life. I didn't ride very much starting around 2003 when my kiddo was born and only rode occasionally when I would go out on the trails or steal my brother's bike and go for a relaxing cruise.

I love classic bikes of all sorts. I'm pretty picky about modified bikes to be honest. I promise to keep my opinions to myself unless they are positive ;)
You'll see my bike(s) change over their course though it will be very studied and thought through. I like to know the outcome before starting down a path, that way I always know what the next step is. I despise down-time and the term "project" being applied to a task for more than a few weeks. I believe in getting something done once it's decided upon. That is my personal preference though, I pass no judgement on those who take their time and decide as they go. My father was that way and he made incredible things from what little he had. He was a Harley man mostly but was no stranger to a Triumph and a Japanese bike or two in his time. He drives a Kia now due to a bad leg.

I've never been much into racing motorcycles, in fact I've never been on a paved track with one. I've raced in the dirt and flat tracks, mostly some backyard country racing in upstate NY, but that was just some country bumpkin boys having fun, nothing serious or organized. That is not to say I wouldn't be interested, I've simply not had the time or the means to get into it. My life is typically a busy mess.

Cars on the other hand was a different story. I was very into SCCA racing and autocross for some time during 2001-2008 until I stopped investing in it and started paying tuition. Deciding on going into university will do that.

I'm mostly here because I like talking shop and learning from those who know more and sharing with those who know less (to be honest it's probably going to much more the former than the latter). I'm also always on the look-out to peek into parts bins and find interesting things that I might be able to utilize (specifically gs500 parts hehehehe)

Anyway, feel free to ask questions, I certainly will be!

IMG_0232_zpsiqqbwgvl.jpg

Welcome! I'm from the central Florida area as well. It's nice to see another person from Florida! Hope you enjoy the bugs, sun, and almost year round riding weather as much as I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using DO THE TON mobile app

I love being able to ride year round. I could do with a little less heat and humidity in the summer (wait there is another season??)

Rain, sun, or cloudy, I ride in it all. I'm on the West side of Orlando, but I go to UCF, so you might see the bike and me ride through from one end to the other.

I filter at red lights and use my legs as directionals because mine are currently on the fritz until I find time to figure out the electrical. Other than that I follow most laws (>.>)

I spend more time cleaning my helmet of bug guts than I do spend time riding it seems. LOL!
I'm sure you know the feeling.

Back
Top Bottom