I feel like a poser...

I haven't even ridden a bike since June 2015 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess that let's me out.

Well everyone makes their own decisions but perhaps if you're still interested in the community then you'll get inspired and ride again.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Duchat said:
Well everyone makes their own decisions but perhaps if you're still interested in the community then you'll get inspired and ride again.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Hey only kidding .................... I've just spent the past 4 years building my KZ 750 Tracker !

Well, I haven't slowed down on building and restoring bikes that can easily do the ton, just haven't gotten to ride much at all lately. All of my riding since June has been on surface streets in town, so MAYBE 60 - 65 once in a while.

I'm still interested in the community, and the concept, just "out of practice".

It's been 5 plus years since I had the notion to ton up... I hope to change that as soon as I get back home. Soon as weather breaks my leg goes over a Roadglide and out on the super flat just to feel the wind again, riding around the block or a quick blast up 40 is just not much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

According to the tach the sidecar went to 135 at Bonneville last August and then promptly fried the piston. Haven't been out since.

grandpaul said:
I haven't done the ton since June.

Should I quit the forum?

I haven't done the ton in about three years- even though I have four bikes that will easily do it. I guess at this point in my life I value family, my child, my life and my body too much.

sbaugz said:
I guess at this point in my life I value family, my child, my life and my body too much.

I do too, but I don't think I'm risking much doing the ton on a wide-open stretch of interstate (maybe risking a ticket)

Paul,
Don't know where you live, but consider a track day if they're available. I'm pretty fortunate in that a bunch of different tracks in my area run them and you can ton up on a few of the longer straights quite easily.
Back in the bad old days, we all did the ton on public roads but I wouldn't now - traffic, bad drivers, road cameras, the potential for licence loss, fines and epic insurance rate increases have slowed me down.
Years ago I had one public road in my area that was suitable for such things - did 180 kph on it one time but couldn't get into top gear on it even then (too short). The area has gotten built up since then and I'd probably get killed by some soccer mom backing her minivan out of her driveway without looking first, if I attempted such a stunt today.
Can't believe how bad cage drivers have gotten over the years.
Take care out there.
Pat

grandpaul said:
I do too, but I don't think I'm risking much doing the ton on a wide-open stretch of interstate (maybe risking a ticket)

Do it on a Sunday when traffic is down for church goers :-X

Sadly, the nearest track is over 200 miles away, or I'd be there every other weekend.

404842658.jpg

Back
Top Bottom