New member and my first project bike

JunkKing

Hey guys, new to the forum.
I'm from the Chicago area and have been a car guy for the most part. I have a S2000 I take to the track whenever possible and I drive a wrangler for winter.
That changed last season when I picked up my first motorcycle, a 1980 Suzuki GS550 that I intended to turn into a cafe racer.
When I first picked it up it was in poor shape. Everything was there but you could tell its been dropped quite a bit and it didn't run well.
VdM7Kjn.jpg

Here she is next to my main girl
WJgOVOM.jpg

So I got to work. Did a lot of maintenance and a carb clean
54tiRP4.jpg

TTCl7dg.jpg

U19qQl8.jpg

Then I got around to painting the tank
j1TtDgs.jpg

Finished it up in Berlina black, same color as my Honda
w4Lmqou.jpg

Now the fun part, chopped the frame and got the seat on.
UOpeIDU.jpg

MLksfqo.jpg

At this point there was still much work to go but it was the very end of the season and I was itching to ride her. So this is pretty much the rough cut of what the finished bike will look like
wpccou9.jpg

BmRLWjy.jpg

dfw3oAK.jpg

And thats pretty much where she sits today. I have parts slowly but surely coming in and I cant wait for some warm weather so I could finish it up and ride it ;D

Welcome aboard mate, looking cool as she sits , guess a little icing on the cake and she will be a real nice ride, look forward to more updates n pic's just getting my teeth into a 78 gs550e like you waiting for parts coming in slow but sure and always waiting for warmer weather here in UK,haha

Looks good man.....really good paint on the tank.

Back
Top Bottom