Hello from northern Michigan!

NDFettig

Hello! Bought my first bike last thursday, a 1971 Honda CB350. Other than screwing around on my buddy's '82 CM400 Hondamatic in a parking lot, I have absolutely no experience with motorcycles. The guy we bought it from pretty much insisted that I take it for a spin in his backyard and driving it felt surprisingly natural. I already know I need to give some attention to the shifter (the splines on the arm are worn off), and it won't have any rear blinkers once I remove the plastic saddle bags. I'm also planning on upgrading the stator so I can run a 65W headlight and converting the brake lights and blinkers to LEDs for better visibility.

This picture makes the bike look better than it really is. The paint on the tank is faded, and the tank has a couple dents in it. One of the steering lock tabs (I have no idea what it's actually called) is missing, so the fork can contact the tank if you turn it far enough. Most of the chrome looks good from 10 feet away.

pZHxzUf.jpg

Dude that's a nice looking ride you got there. Did it come with those Dunlops or did you put them on? I have the same on my bike, I dig them.

Welcome and high fives from Montreal

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

The Jimbonaut said:
Dude that's a nice looking ride you got there. Did it come with those Dunlops or did you put them on? I have the same on my bike, I dig them.

Welcome and high fives from Montreal

Thanks, man! Tires are Cheng Shins from 1996, so they're definitely going to get replaced over the winter. I really like the look of the tread pattern so I'm probably gonna pick up some Dunlops to replace them with.

No kidding? They look exactly - exactly! - like Dunlop K70's. Great looking tire I agree, and they're holding up great on my ride so far

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom