www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: HI from Belgium  (Read 432 times)

Offline Reiner64

HI from Belgium
« on: Sep 13, 2017, 01:36:06 »
Hi there from Peter in Belgium. After 30 years of not riding bikes, decided last year to buy me Honda Dominator 650, which was swapped within 6 months for a BMW K1200R. In the mean time did a bobber project on a Suzuki LS650 for my girlfriend. As I had a lot of fun building it, decided to purchase a CB250N as a project bike. Bike was tested and carbs where cleaned. Engine seems to run fine - although some fine tuning will be necessary - but that's for later.
I joined this community because I'ts difficult to choose: restoring the bike in it's original state or turn it into a cafe racer. (Tank and seat transition scare me a bit). I hope to find some inspiration and tips on this forum.

Grtz

Peter

Offline doctorcat

Re: HI from Belgium
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2017, 19:31:32 »
there's no wrong answer, as long as you do it right!
If you have all the original parts, a resto-mod would be nice. If it's in buggered shape, then chop it to bits!

I'm chopping mine up because the whole thing was in rough shape. I bit off a lot for a first timer!

Offline Reiner64

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2017, 02:05:58 »
Just missing the rear indicators, and, as you can see, currently after market mufflers and header pipes are fitted. Besides that the tank is dented and needs a repair and repaint (as well as side panels and tail piece). Probably will stick to a resto project.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Offline ltang63

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2017, 22:30:11 »
nice bike!

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2017, 05:47:32 »
Probably will stick to a resto project.

If you change your mind and decide to take the plunge this bike has a beautiful seat/tank set-up.

It has been posted elsewhere on DTT, but you might have missed it.
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.