www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: My CB400f Supersport project  (Read 6307 times)

Offline tattoo

Re: My CB400f Supersport project
« Reply #30 on: Nov 15, 2017, 18:40:28 »
Oh my.....quickly skimmed through the thread, and this one's gonna be a looker for sure!!

Offline Integra99

« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2017, 08:13:05 »

Thanks.. well I hope so, just going through the wiring loom while the engine is getting painted again then off to Delkevic next weekend and we can look at getting the engine running!

Offline Integra99

« Reply #32 on: Nov 27, 2017, 06:58:00 »
Been busy this weekend, finally re painted the engine.. came out really well.

Delkevic exhaust now all fitted, carbs and airboxes in and I made a bracket for the rectifer/regulator which fits perfect.

This week its all about getting the loom in and secured, along with making plans to perhaps have it running next weekend!! A lot of the hardwork has been done so feels good to see it coming together finally!

« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2017, 07:21:22 by Integra99 »

Offline Integra99

« Reply #33 on: Nov 27, 2017, 06:59:00 »

Offline Pete12

« Reply #34 on: Nov 27, 2017, 08:15:00 »
Wow, clever idea on the regulator/rectifier mounting.

Offline Integra99

« Reply #35 on: Nov 27, 2017, 10:37:57 »

I cant claim full credit... lol, I saw something similar done on a forum so adapted the idea.. worked a treat.

Offline tattoo

« Reply #36 on: Nov 30, 2017, 11:45:05 »
Tidy, crisp, clean and neat.   Nice attention to detail!

Should likely ask this question/search in the "electrics" topic, but what's the skinny on going with (if I'm reading this right?) a combined voltage regulator/rectifier?    There are obviously benefits?    What else has to be done to make that "upgrade"?   

Sorry if this is a thread hijack.....

Offline Integra99

« Reply #37 on: Jan 12, 2018, 05:53:40 »

Its been a while.. loads of issues and other projects taking up time. Main issue is it appears the cam tensioner is stuck. For now I have a new cam chain on and everything is where it should be, she runs sweet so I'll crack on for now but at some stage I'm going to need to split the cases. With 2 months to the bike show and the fact she runs beautifully and I won't be doing more than a 1000 miles in a year I'll carry on with the build. So loom is now in, gauge in and all warning lights working. Cut down the front guard, it needs to be lower but cutting the original bracket down is not as easy as thought.

New chain and sprockets on.. really pleased and huge improvement over the stock chain!

Next jobs;

Sort why my new rectifer/regulator is not charging?

Investigate the gears... return spring may have gone? Worked fine before the strip down.

Fit rear indicators and cut down the mounts.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #38 on: Jan 12, 2018, 11:02:05 »
So much attention to detail.  So much shine and perfection and then I see that red tape wrapped bundle  where a wiring loom should be.  WTF? 

We have all used those crappy red crimp on connectors but they have a horrible habit of coming apart, and they look like crap (IMHO).  Do yourself a favor when you get a moment and order a bunch of waterproof multipin connectors.  You will be happy you did.  I usually use Sumitomo connectors from Eastern Beaver in Japan, but I believe that Sonreir now has taken over Vintage Connections and can supply connectors of the type that were commonly used when our bikes were built. That would take a lot of bulk out of that harness and would look more professional.

Offline Integra99

« Reply #39 on: Jan 12, 2018, 11:35:10 »

Ah well that's just temporary to hold the loom together.. I'm not wrapping it up yet as I have a problem getting charge to the battery and still need to finish some wiring! As for the connectors I've used slim gold OEM type connectors in most places.. the ones you see are for the horn and the new gauge of which I'll be replacing as totally agree and I made a mistake using them they are total crap. The reason it looks bulky is well... there are a lot of wires to sort.. as I have no wiring jumble behind the headlight so this will be neatly wrapped up and hidden under the tank keeping it clean and tidy around the front of the bike..  thats the plan.