www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: its NOT a bloody scrambler  (Read 1237 times)

Offline 1fasgsxr

Re: its NOT a bloody scrambler
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:28:54 »
so that's concrete not water ?   ???

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #11 on: Oct 23, 2017, 11:53:05 »
Is the rear brake torque arm hanging loose?

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2017, 01:08:23 »
yep, that's the bottom of the driveway, its not very long but its dangerously steep and goes round a couple of very sharp corners, right pain in the arse to ride up, you have to take all the corners real wide and slow.

the brake torque arm and rod are both loose and flopping around, I think I may have the wrong brake setup installed and none of it lines up, I shall see next time I can get my weary old bones down on the ground to sort it
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline spotty

« Reply #13 on: Nov 13, 2017, 22:19:36 »
sorted the rear brake issues by taking the back wheel and swingarm out then I could get the brake arm stuff in the right place. started on the front brake but the m/c I was going to use is seized solid. I really wanted to use it cos its a nice small magura racing 13mm. now i'm not sure cos its $70 for a rebuild kit or $130 for a new one or do I just use the spare one off the Vmax or do I try and find the GSXR one that should be in a box somewhere ??????

pics of the front brake so far as well as where the muffler is intended to be mounted, front forks with telefix brace which will also get gaiters (prob red)

also the LED headlight bulb is the best way I've found of checking lighting function without the hassles/blowing/fragility of having a glass bulb hanging out the front of the bike

working on how to mount the race number plates in place of the orig plastic side covers and do I use oval or square. i'm thinking square to sort of match the areas they're covering. also need to steal some alloy street signs to make the plates with (well it is a budget build, can't be doing with paying for something that's hanging round on every street corner - literally)

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2017, 00:23:06 »
That is one hefty rotor.
Doesn't look like heaps of clearance between the fork brace and the tyre, at least not enough for a fender.
I'm not sure, but don't ask Brodie.

Way to many build and half done projects to list here.
Sr250, Gs750, Z50A, XV1100, A10, Z160A.

Offline spotty

« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2017, 17:00:14 »
the rotor is stock CB750, it could well get drilled later on

the front guard is an MX one mounted off the bottom of the lower triple clamp, though I do want a new one instead of the scabby old white one, prob get a new red one to tie in the stock Honda look. I found them for $40 in one of the big accessory supermarket clearance places. the (currently orange) plastic tank will get stock Honda XR red paint, not sure whether to paint the ancient hodaka back guard, which looks right or try and get a period red plastic one

Offline spotty

« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2017, 03:29:41 »
A fruitful afternoon, just me and Mr Carlsberg. Found the vnax m/c and another new brake line that's shorter than the new one I got last week. Hooked everything up, used the inject fluid from the caliper end and instant full pressure at the lever. Win.

Managed to get the rear shocks back on except for one bush that won't cooperate.

Exhaust may need to be modified to get it where I want but at the very least the rear footpeg frame bits are going to go. I'll hopefully mount the muffler off the upper shock mount.

Sent from my ZTE Blade A462 using DO THE TON mobile app