www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Ace 50 Slowverland trip. QLD > SA  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Captain Bean

Re: Ace 50 Slowverland trip. QLD > SA
« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2017, 14:00:35 »
Forgot to say earlier-Tea. Take tea bags and a flask and make tea every morning. No reason other than it is tea, and tea and bikes go together so well.
Much better than that silly beardy coffee nonsense. Tea is the answer. Always has been and always will be.
Enjoy.
It's all in the art of stopping.....

Offline eraser

« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2017, 16:31:30 »
So looks like i might be getting a bit wet during my trip, which isn't what i was expecting, but then again can we trust the BOM? Fingers crossed this wont cause additional issues, and will only be a sprinkle, as i kinda got summer kit not rain kit.

Stroker: thanks Mate, At the moment i'm planning inland a bit more, Tamworth > Dubbo > Parkes, But always good to have a contact in case of an issue :)

Spotty: No i plan to be asleep as soon as the sun sets ;)

Sneikz: thanks for the picture, i got a Ram mount just hope that it will mount with no issues.

Bean: tea.. got it :), i did almost forget it

Offline orrible-64

« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2017, 10:48:25 »
Good luck with trip . I’m sure it will go great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #23 on: Nov 30, 2017, 16:19:33 »
Bon voyage!

Crazy
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #24 on: Nov 30, 2017, 18:58:46 »
weathers looking good, enjoy and be safe
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Online stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #25 on: Nov 30, 2017, 21:23:33 »
weathers looking good, enjoy and be safe

Have you seen what's heading up from sunny(!) Melbourne?

Crazy

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #26 on: Nov 30, 2017, 22:01:25 »
super storm has turned out to be a load of arse, bit of rain and one clap of thunder so far. by this time of the day we were supposed to be washed out into the bay (except for my house, we live on top of mount Dandenong, it'll take a noah sized storm to get us up there)
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Online stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #27 on: Nov 30, 2017, 23:36:10 »
we live on top of mount Dandenong, it'll take a noah sized storm to get us up there
True!

Crazy

Offline eraser

« Reply #28 on: Dec 03, 2017, 18:48:45 »
I wrote a longer post the other day but I think the forum got reset and lost it.
Day One;
Was just a load of delays, the plane was delayed because of storm by 2 hours, my pickup was 1 hour late, and then 35 minutes into riding up in the hinterland the front tube went. Lol so I was on the CB trying to get someone to lend me their compressor, no dice a person at home finally helped, I rode down and got about 6kms to a tyre shop in Landsborough about 10 minutes before they close. They didn't have a tube to fit, they called ahead to another shop about 5 km up the road, I remember then saying" better get going fast they close in 5 minutes" and I'm like "55kph is all I got" lol anyway they thankfully waited for me and fixed it on the spot. By this time we're close to 5pm. I kept on riding Google maps kept sending me down bicycle only tracks which was annoying.
I stopped after one of these bike tracks, frustrated, put it in neutral, hand off clutch, apparently not in nutral in 1st lol fell over,  I laughed people laughed lol. Anyway so I kept on going it's real dark now, headlight on, being overtaken every 2 minutes.. at about 20 KMS out from the northern Brisbane burbs the headlight globe went, so I rode 30 minutes in the bike lane manually flashing hazards when a car came.. I made it to a red dog service station, but no spare globes, so I still had about another 90kms to go but I realised no chance so pulled into a motel for the night.

The bike is running fine, a few small things, jumping into gear is a bit brutal, 1st to nutral when warm is dicky, 2nd to nutral is fine, and when in nutral or first she revs like crazy, but riding is fine (jetting, side effect of derestriction?)

I will write day 2 later today.

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
« Reply #29 on: Dec 03, 2017, 19:02:15 »
You're nuts.
I like it.
I'm in.