CL350 Aftermarket control switch./ clutch/brake lever/throttle

Tj_saxon

Ok any guys with cl/cbs I am wanting to go aftermarket since mine where pretty much trashed. I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations. I would also like to know if you had recommendations on brake/clutch levers and throttle tube assemblies. Thanks so much in advance guys.

With controls from thousands of different bikes available, why do you want aftermarket?
Go to eBay and search motorcycle handlebar switches. Surprisingly there are some Chinese switches selling for less than $5 that are good quality.

I just figured getting some after market controls and stuff would be easiest. I'm pretty much looking for what ever would be simplest to install and wire when it comes to the control switches. I feel the other things are pretty much straight forward.

They all wire the same. Some model specific ones have wiring for the specified bike, so going back to a stock set up may be easier. Some incorporate the cutch perch also, so you may have to replace the perch with after market also if going with a separate switch housing.

I've ordered new perch's and throttle assembly since I new I would have too. I deff hear you when you say that using factory perch's would be easiest. BUT, I am kinda going for a budget build, and n.o.s. perchs are like 100 a piece.

I found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/361426334111?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ok, my question, this has turn, headlights, and a kill switch(which I believe I am going to use as a horn). What I am curious about is the factory kill switch is an off,on,off switch. Do I need one like that or would a simple on/off killswitch do?

you will be fine wiring it on/off
those K&S switches are very hi quality in my opinion, very solid you made an excellent choice

Good, that's what I like to hear. I just want everything to work outside of the push start (not that I don't want that to work I just don't care if it does due to the fact I am just going to use the kick start). So, so far everything is looking pretty good. Has anyone ever replaced the brake light switch on the brake lever to these old bikes? The emgo levers/perchs I bought has a spot for the switch/button but I have no clue how to get the one out if my honda perch.

Many perch mounted brake light and clutch switches are kind of a one use deal when it comes to installation, you might have to be a bit more aggresive getting the old one out.

they have a little square hole that you push in on the plastic side of the tiny switch prottrudes and it releases it lube it good and warm it up it

OK thanks so much guys, I'll deff give it all I got and try not to break it haha. On a side note thanks so much for the fast responses. It means a lot.

Ok, odd question and deff doesn't go in this section but when it come to handlebars, do I need to get knurled or will the risers clamp down enough to hold smooth bars?

Back
Top Bottom