Help Identify Henry Abe Wheel

gregson

Hi Guys! I have a front 19x1.85 Henry Abe Wheel that i received with the purchase of a project CB750K8. I was told the wheel is for that bike but I am not convinced. I can't find a part number on the wheel and I sold my CB so I can't check. I wanted to put this wheel on ebay, but i want to confirm what kind of bike it fits for potential bidders. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4165.JPG
    IMG_4165.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_4166.JPG
    IMG_4166.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 996
Rotor bolt pattern should be 6 x 80mm and the axle dim should be 15mm.

If it checks out it will also fit a GL1000, iirc.

If memory serves, all the large Hondas used the same front wheel in the mid 70's.
The part number for the hub was the same on most 750s and GL1000s.

I'd spend 30 minutes and put it on the bike to see if it bolts up.

Rotor pattern is 6 x 80mm and 15mm axle. i guess it is for a SOHC CB. thanks for the help deviant and Bozz!

Bozz said:
If it checks out it will also fit a GL1000, iirc.

If memory serves, all the large Hondas used the same front wheel in the mid 70's.
The part number for the hub was the same on most 750s and GL1000s.
5 different part numbers on rotors. GLs ran a different offset and a wider hub. 750f could be one of two rotors, a 5 bolt or a 6 bolt.

gregson said:
Hi Tim, i don't have a bike to try it out on. Thanks for the reply though.

I assumed you still had the project bike it came with. Best bet then is to confirm axle size (measure the O.D. of the bearing as well), rotor bolt spacing, and perhaps the width of the hub through the brake rotor holes (I'd guess they go right through).

The OD of the bearing will allow a potential buyer to see what bearings are available to make it fit whatever axle size they happen to be running.

Back
Top Bottom