1975 Honda CB125S

vwrabbit said:
I assume you put down a layer of plastic sheet to protect/allow for easy removal?

When molding the fiberglass on the frame?
I put some newspaper hehehe.
and used it to isolate/protect the gas tank too, since i needed it on place to shape it perfectly.
Works like a charm, and it's free!

Kind of got the coil sorted. It wasn't bad. Not sure why I wasn't getting spark. Got it running again for a few minutes while I tried to sort out the brake lights, but now it won't run for more than a few seconds. And as soon as I give it gas, it pops and shuts off. And the interval keeps getting shorter for run time the more I try to get it going right after it dies. I'm wondering if it's points. Also need to double check the regulator/rectifier.

I also just replaced the float needle. I wonder if float height would affect this? Need to double check that.

You should always check and re-set float level when you fir new shut off parts

Float level FTW. I was checking it wrong. Got the level set correctly and it's now running. Thanks!

Ordered some Avon AM83's. Current tires are old and not quite the right size (too wide up front).

Need to figure a way to remove the rear fender and remount taillight and turn signals. Might just trim the fender up.

You need a smaller tail light, the original Honda one is huge.
I like the 60's style Lucas but prefer the 'raw alloy' to chrome plated
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucas-Style-Motorcycle-12V-LED-Tail-Light-For-Triumph-British-Cafe-Racer-Chrome-/262759607036?epid=2102678645&hash=item3d2db16afc:g:k28AAOSw6DtYTrBt&vxp=mtr

Definitely want a smaller taillight. That one looks like it would work well. I wonder how well that would fit the fender?

I've only fitted them to CB360's. Modified to fit over rear frame rail (like later 60's/early 70's Triumph's)
CB360LUCAStaillightmod.jpg

I really should have taken a few measurements plus made a template to cut on it but I wanted to see it in position I just used a carbide burr

crazypj, Do you have a shot from the back? Looks like it fits well.

Just replaced the throttle cable last night (took the slow boat from China to get here 2 months after ordering, but it's NOS Honda and was cheap). Nice and smooth now. Waiting on new tubes so I can throw the Avons on.

Front Avon tire mounted. That was fun.

Also cleaned up the rim.

Attachments

• 20170628_201633.jpg
    20170628_201633.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 299
  • 20170628_201645.jpg
    20170628_201645.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 303
Rear Avon mounted and rim and exhaust cleaned up. Glad I replaced the tires. Gave me an opportunity to grease the axles. They were bone dry. Bearings also got some lube.

Sorry, can't post any pictures as Photobucket has gotten incredibly greedy.
They would 'need' $399.99 a year for my 0.5Gb to be allowed to be 'hosted on 3rd party'
What do you use for pictures?

I've used Photobucket also. But here I just attach directly. I've tried Imgur, but seems a little clunky. Might have to give it another try.

Only just found out I can post directly here :)
I know I have a good pic from rear 3/4 if I can find it

Since this turned more into a restoration than a cafe project, can we move it in to the Restorations section?

Thanks!

I've been playing with the air/fuel mixture on the inlet side of the carb (about 2 1/4 turns out). It had been fouling the plug running rich. Took it out last night for the first time around the neighborhood. My wife took it for one spin and got it nice and warm. During my ride, at the second stop sign, it wanted to die when I tried pulling away and gave it throttle. I might have had the mixture too lean. I've since turned in the screw about a turn and throttle response came back. I have the stock intake boot on, but the stock filter has been replaced with a pod.

Does anyone know if these ran rich from the start?

Back
Top Bottom