What ramps do you prefer?

YogiBear

Over 1,000 Posts
I have been looking at upgrading from my old broken wood ramps. I want to get an aluminum set (or trifold). The ramps that harbor freight offers have some pretty unflattering reviews. And the 500 lb weight limit makes me a bit skeptical. My 74 750 probably pushes that easily. So, my question to you all is: What ramps are you all using and how do you like them?

What ramps do you prefer?

I have a bifold flat ramp from my atv days and I hate hate hate it for motorcycles.
It makes for a very very steep push up into my truck which is full size and slightly lifted making getting something in and out a huge pain.

You want something with a curve to it so you don't bottom out on the transition, I always drag headers going in and out.

I have the harbor freight tri folder. It works great, but like sonic said, if you're using a flat ramp into a truck, you'll be scraping some headers. I use a trailer so it's much lower than a truck bed. Even so I have occasionally scraped on my CB750's headers. It was just barely and it doesn't really bother me since that part will never really be visible. I've loaded many other bikes and none of them have scraped.

SONIC. said:
I have a bifold flat ramp from my atv days and I hate hate hate it for motorcycles.
It makes for a very very steep push up into my truck which is full size and slightly lifted making getting something in and out a huge pain.

You want something with a curve to it so you don't bottom out on the transition, I always drag headers going in and out.

I never thought of that. I'll look into a curved set.

legitmw said:
I have the harbor freight tri folder. It works great, but like sonic said, if you're using a flat ramp into a truck, you'll be scraping some headers. I use a trailer so it's much lower than a truck bed. Even so I have occasionally scraped on my CB750's headers. It was just barely and it doesn't really bother me since that part will never really be visible. I've loaded many other bikes and none of them have scraped.

I load onto a trailer mostly too. My wood ramps would scrape sometimes. How long have you had yours?

I use the flat 6' one from harbor freight. They can easily support the weight but sonic say they tend to bottom out and are too steep unless your truck is low. My truck is kinda high so the doesn't help either. I always try to find a wall to flat, back the truck up to the wall and load it that way. Done this a bunch of times on my own, but wouldn't recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom