I need to ship two bikes from Toronto to Vancouver?

Attatoy

I'm looking for advice and ideas on moving two adventure bikes from Toronto to Vancouver preferably with out crating. I have crate bottoms if needed but would rather just have em strapped down for ease and cause i am not there. The two bikes are in Petewawa Ontario but i have a buddy that will take em to a shipper around there for gas money. I'm in Vancouver.

Any ideas ?

Crate them, I work for a large trucking company and I have see forklift forks go through the side of motors etc. also anything sticking out will get snapped off, like mirrors, pegs ect. a few dollars in plywood will save you heartache, and standard insurance is 3 bucks a pound so you won't get much out of the company for broken bits. You can also look into a professional vehicle moving company that lists bikes. they may be able to move them for you without crates and not damage them.

What make of bikes? Contact your local dealership for the brand - they might be of some assistance.

The u-ship sounds great so far.....down to 890 for two bikes on the third day. any advice from anyone that used u-ship would be great.

That's cool. I didn't even know U-Ship operated in Canada.

A friend and I looked at shipping our bikes to BC so we could fly there and ride home - looks like a possibility based on what you're finding.

Back
Top Bottom