What is your shops most import tools?

A good roll around tool box. (added to all the great tools above)

I am anal retentive about having my tools organized, I can't freaking stand wasting time looking for a tool instead of working, in the limited time I have available.

4eyes said:
A good roll around tool box. (added to all the great tools above)

I am anal retentive about having my tools organized, I can't freaking stand wasting time looking for a tool instead of working, in the limited time I have available.

LOL I know, I work to a point where I can't find things, that is when I stop, open a beer and put all the tools away, then start again. Nothing worse the spending 10 mins of your half hour trying to find a stupid 14 mm socket.

I hear ya, I make it a point to do a shop clean twice a week and a real hose down once a month, just to find all the stuff I lost.

This bad boy gets the most use in my shop (actually have two of them).

Attachments

• AM10-Pneumatic-Crimping-Tool.jpg
    AM10-Pneumatic-Crimping-Tool.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 226
Maritime said:
Me too....but when I get down to one, I need to put crap away and get back to having 5 again
Haha. I am not the only one. Try working on an old Chevy and an old Mopar. Multiple sets of standard and metric. Why can't they just make everything in 1/2in and 13mm?

10mm are the bane of my existence. I think I have 4 end-wrenches and 3 sockets, but the little bastards hide on me. :mad:

I try and use this all the time, makes it really hard to lose parts. I own 3, use one for parts I'm working on and another to hold tools such as sockets and 10mm wrenches just let the magnet hold it to the tank/frame/fenders what have you and go to work. And at Harbor Freight you can get them for like $3 and they have a few different shapes and sizes.

it helps that i like to stay organized so stuff tends to go back to its proper place when I'm done. ;D

4eyes said:
10mm are the bane of my existence. I think I have 4 end-wrenches and 3 sockets, but the little bastards hide on me. :mad:

I convinced a pawn shop to sell me a long set of Matco M wrenches 4-9 for $20 because it was missing the m10, I just stopped by a Matco truck and paid and additional $15 for a (used) replacement... I don't buy a lot of "Truck Tools" but these long handles are nice to have. and the set is about $200 new, But I did get sucked in just that fast and bought a really nice In Lb torque wrench :(

iPod nano and a good set of PC speakers w/ subwoofer. Seriously. I can't get much done without my tunes.

krafty said:
iPod nano and a good set of PC speakers w/ subwoofer. Seriously. I can't get much done without my tunes.
I'm the same way. I bought a beast of a Boss surround sound system back when Circuit City was going out of business. Packaged it with a 65" tv for under $2K out the door. Now that I have a suspension ceiling in my shop, I'm going to wire the surround sound up in there, and there won't he wires hanging everywhere.

krafty said:

Same here. I'm pretty sure I have the only shop around w/ a Carver amp and JBL & Yamaha speakers. Plug in the iPod for my collection or the laptop for Pandora and it can't be beat! 8)

This simple Logitch system rocks pretty dang decent for a PC sound system, the zune has FM for listenin to the hair band show here in 901
index.php

Red Andeli 200amp. I haven't had it above 55amps.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Brand-New-High-Frequency-Andeli-TIG-Welder-Welding-Machines-TIG-200G-200amp/1713913768.html

Siemens 4 layer Mosfets... Nice! Mines and AHP (alpha TIG) 200X IGBT ? inverter also, but no name

In my garage, the most important tool is.....

Attachments

• fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 224
Back
Top Bottom