My lil Gem of a 1972 LS2 !!!

You know you could stop making our bikes look like shit in comparison any time now :mad: :mad: looks great

I don't know how I've missed this build until now, but if I had of spotted it at the start it would have meant five more months of seething envy!

Beautiful bike, congratulations on the build.

Crazy

Thanks guys kind of easy to make it look good when it starts out clean !
Over the weekend cleaned and got the controls back together and mounted . Needed new levers and had one off a stock one off some old Yam . Just need the brake side one as its a brake switch also and has a lil tab under it.

switch2.jpg

switch.jpg

Nice work! It helps things go so much smoother when they are pretty clean to begin with doesn't it? Ever since I owned my 1972 H2 I've had a soft spot for the 2 cycles. Should be a lot of fun to buzz around on!

Makes me want to jump on the GT380 I saw on CL yesterday....

Well just waiting on things on my other build and thought i would see if anyone had a early 70s brake lever in good shape there not using ? Just needs to be stright and working can polish it np ! Just let me know thanks guys!!

LS_zpsaa416fc4.jpg

LS_zps10679f77.jpg

Messing with the lil LS as I'm waiting on word for other parts but looking for carb rebuild kit for the LS . Only one I can find is out of canada and tho the price is fair shipping if 13 bucks for a 22 buck part :mad:
Anyone know of a diff place to look ? Going to give speed@sport a call but thought I would throw it out there !

Scott. Let me know and I can maybe help by you sending to me and I can take it to maine and repost it small packet. Should only be 2-3 bucks.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Maritime said:
Scott. Let me know and I can maybe help by you sending to me and I can take it to maine and repost it small packet. Should only be 2-3 bucks.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Cool mike did think of that and thanks ! Going to call a few places after the weekend and see if they have them if now might just have to do that !

Let me know if you can;t find anything stateside and I will pm you my address so you can see if shipping is any better, I warn you it may not be. Canada Post bends you over for even little tiny packages.

Think ive been looking at this wrong ! Been looking for " 1972 LS2 carb rebuild kit$" and what I should be looking for is a rebuild kit for the carb itself as I'm sure they used that carb on other bikes !

Well I found carb rebuild kits here in the states at a fair price 29.00 each . Not alot cheaper but need to save on this one as much as I can . A place in PA called Speed@Sport has them so will get them ordered this week ! Would like to have this lil ride done by MO but will see ! Thanks for the offer mike and looking forward to seeing you guys in july !
Von if you find a lever let me know and what you want for it !!
Did soak the carb and brass parts in vinegar to clean them of old crap and they came out nice as some holes where pluged up . Never used it befor and have to say worked like a charm :) Will get some pics up here shortly....

Well did find carb rebuild kits at Speed @ Sport and so started to clean the petcock ! I had hoped it would be a simple clean and rebuild but after getting all the old crap that it was filled with I found a extra hole in the main body . Which I don't think is a good thing :eek: so im on the look out for a NOS or good one but guess it wont be done that fast ( BOOOOO ) but OWell LOL

Might wana give hvccycle a call. Heres a link to their fuel petcock page...

http://hvccycle.com/fuel-systems-yamaha.html

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom