Starting a 82 honda 750 v45

Bromz

Been Around the Block
Bike has been sitting for 20 years. I will update pics as I work on it and would appreciate any suggestions. Bike is gonna stay original

Attachments

• magna3.jpg
    magna3.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 286
(a) get new tires
(b) take better pictures
(c) tell us what the hell's on the back of the tank

That's a survivor, what a striping job.

A. going to get tires after she starts
B. That is something sitting on the other side of the bike

Attachments

• photo(10).JPG
    photo(10).JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 266
  • photo(11).JPG
    photo(11).JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 278
Here are some more pictures of the work in progress

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 285
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    209 KB · Views: 282
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 275
More pictures

Attachments

• photo(15).JPG
    photo(15).JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 273
  • photo(13).JPG
    photo(13).JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 278
  • photo(9).JPG
    photo(9).JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 275
There's a neat trick involving a ratchet strap to get the carburetors back in. Let me know if you need any clarification on that when you get to that point if you haven't done too many of the V45 or V65 carbs. It seemed that last year everyone needed one fixed up, I think I did 10 sets last year, and BOY ARE THESE BIKES PEPPY! Congrats on a cool scoot. I wish I owned one!

Thanks. We will see how this turns out. like i said it hasnt even started yet. The tanks are at a local shop getting cleaned. Kind of stuck till then. I will post more pics I have the carbs clean and will put them back on the bike tonite

Attachments

• photo(23).JPG
    photo(23).JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 271
Awesome. This dude looks like he's had a few beers, but like I said, I've used his trick at least 10 times, and boy is it easier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JxDcWqYhyA

And if you didn't know about this forum. http://v4musclebike.com/ They have some cool vendors that have hard to find parts for good prices.

I'm jealous of your ride man. :(

Thanks. This bike only has 14k miles on it. I turned it over by hand and now that i replaced the starter it turns electricaly. Its a matter of time and some elbow grease. Im sure i will need input on degreasing sanding and poloshing all the oxidation

Attachments

• photo(25).JPG
    photo(25).JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 259
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    317.4 KB · Views: 251
hey bud, if you size the pics down to a width of 500 they will fit most monitors better.

Thanks I already resized them once. They were so big i couldnt even get one to load.Here are my brakes and clutch masters. Both masters are good. Just gonna clean the calipers and see what I have

Attachments

• photo(14).JPG
    photo(14).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 684
Your air filter looks like it's full of the bad ganj I smoked in high school. Nice project though. My buddy has an '85 V45 and I've been bugging him to make it a project. It's purple too, just without the fancy scroll work.

Carbs are back on. Doing a little polishing while im waiting for the gas tanks to start her up!

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    463.5 KB · Views: 266
  • photo(26).JPG
    photo(26).JPG
    459 KB · Views: 263
One other thing, if you haven't tried firing it up yet....pull the hose off and let it shoot out some of the crud from the fuel pump BEFORE hooking it up to the carbs and running it. I always put a new paper fuel filter (not the brass ones that look like fools gold) between that joint there where you have the two hose clamps. Just my .02! That cover is looking amazing like that, I agree with AbbyRider, the brushed look is great.

Thanks for the input on the fuel pump I will do that. I replaced all the hose and new fuel filter. Not sure the pump works. The prongs are to small to get anything in there to test it. I will pull that joint apart and do some cranking and make sure only clean fuel is coming out

it should turn on when you turn the key to the on position (no need to turn the engine over) it should pump a couple of times. This particular pump has some sort of back-pressure sensor on it too, so when the bike is running it isn't pumping all the time, just little spurts. Glad you already replaced the old fuel filter and lines, that's a great start.

I turn the key on and i do not feel anything at the fuel pump. Could it not pump because the petcock is closed(put an after market one on and not sure what position it is in). I tried puting the negative to the pump case and posotive to the black and pump doesnt make a sound? so i havent tried to start it yet? Any help please

Found the fuel pump problem. Tanks are done also! today could be the day we breath life into her!

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 242
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    308 KB · Views: 257
Back
Top Bottom