DOHC CB750's

What are you guys doing for rearsets. I have a few ideas to get at this winter but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Junkcafe said:
What set is that? I am trying to find one that fits my 79 k if my home built job falls through.

I think it was called the "dimpol".
I use short low clip ons so I wanted some tank clearance. It worked out really well

Hoosier Daddy said:
What rear wheel you got on there rocketrich?
Good lookin DOHC.

rocketritch said:
Stock comstar.
Dude: I don't think so...
Looks more like a Zooks snowflake that I've seen mounted on other DOHC CB750's but not quite... that's why I asked.
Stock Commies are more solid than this... last pic is my Zook's rear, close but no guitar. Hmmmmm.

Attachments

• rocketrich wheel.jpg
    rocketrich wheel.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,011
  • $(KGrHqF,!rkE-Y-SuH5cBP4SHsfu-!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!rkE-Y-SuH5cBP4SHsfu-!~~60_12.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,918
  • 0716111929.jpg
    0716111929.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 1,974
Hoosier Daddy said:
Dude: I don't think so...
Looks more like a Zooks snowflake that I've seen mounted on other DOHC CB750's but not quite... that's why I asked.
Stock Commies are more solid than this... last pic is my Zook's rear, close but no guitar. Hmmmmm.

Then I am stumped as well. It is a 1982 Nighthawk 750sc, and the wheel matches stock photos on the interweb.

Ooooohhhhh, there ya go. That's what I needed. Thanks !
Nighthawk I did not know.. That make sense, stock wheels for a SC then.
Now you got me wondering if those will swap with regular plain old everyday Comstars (reversed or original). They look to be a hell of a lot lighter. ::)

Attachments

• NH Wheels.jpg
    NH Wheels.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,988
Hoosier Daddy said:
Ooooohhhhh, there ya go. That's what I needed. Thanks !
Nighthawk I did not know.. That make sense, stock wheels for a SC then.
Now you got me wondering if those will swap with regular plain old everyday Comstars (reversed or original). They look to be a hell of a lot lighter. ::)

I'd think that they would.

timeconsuming said:
This thing is amazing! Coolest use of color!

This is awesome! I love it. Thanks for opening my mind to the power of using paint matching the frame to "hid" the shape of the tank. Brilliant!

Rich Ard said:
Ironlizard, nice work! I like the upholstered seat a lot.

Notlob, I like the bike, and that was a great build thread. Nice to see an idea executed so well.

Mine, too, is a work in progress.

LRugNl.jpg

What bars are those dude? It's the style i'm leaning towards for my build.

Not exactly dead sexy (yet) but it's an 81' DOHC CB750 (in progress)

Attachments

• dtt_cb750f.jpg
    dtt_cb750f.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 578
OK..now ^THOSE^ are Suzuki wheels, I recognize the snowflake spoke pattern and the slots in the rotors as the same on my GS. I know I have seen this swap several times now on DOHC CB's, what gives? ???

canyoncarver: I like the CB900F shocks, wish I would have snagged a set I saw on e-bay a while back

Hoosier Daddy said:
OK..now ^THOSE^ are Suzuki wheels, I recognize the snowflake spoke pattern and the slots in the rotors as the same on my GS. I know I have seen this swap several times now on DOHC CB's, what gives? ???

canyoncarver: I like the CB900F shocks, wish I would have snagged a set I saw on e-bay a while back

Yep, wheels/discs came off an 83' Tempter I believe. Nicer than the comstars and better discs too. The shocks were there when I picked up the bike but I really dig 'em.

Back
Top Bottom