My Sons 82 Kawi KZ750 Brat "Tricz R 4 Kidz"

motrhd

Well we picked up this '82 750 LTD last weekend for my son, he wants to do it bratstyle. Here is our start.

Attachments

• tb1.jpg
    tb1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 295
  • tb3.jpg
    tb3.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 292
Re: My Sons 82 Kawi 750 LTD Brat to be

We started to strip and cut.............WoooHoooo

Attachments

• tb4.jpg
    tb4.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 320
  • tb5.jpg
    tb5.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 283

Made up some struts with different holes to check different shock lengths, decided on 11 inch. Shocks are on the way, along with a rear fender.

Attachments

• tysbike2.jpg
    tysbike2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 281
  • tb5.jpg
    tb5.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 280

Thats a pretty clean 750 you guys are starting with.

Ya man, aside from the square headlight I dig it. How does it run?

LOL.............that square headlight is sooooooo gone, I can't believe that there was a time that I or anybody thought that was cool. Will do either the 7 inch round or I even found an 8 inch round. The bike is a ready to roll rider, I drove it before we bought it, pipe is a Vance & Hines and is one year old, individual K&N type air filters, and dynojet stage 3, all done in March 2010. This bike rocks pretty good already...........now just gotta give it some cool factor 8)
We will try to keep it cheap, he is paying most of the cost, dad is just mostly the steel surgeon and the ebay bidmaster !

Well we're just waiting on parts, decided to go with a 16 inch mag in the back(on the way), bought 11 inch HD 48 shocks, and decided to buy the 8 inch round headlight. So here it is Saturday morning and we're waiting on parts.........LOL As we progress I will post up pics, I might just decide to cut the neck today and give it a little rake to match the new lower rearend.........after all it is snowing outside

Not sure on the seat yet, put a stock Sporty seat on it and it looks pretty good but we have an old school custom seat we might try, he wants to be able to ride double so that's his choice. I'll try to get new pics tomorrow, we will be working on it all day tomorrow. We already have the 8 inch round headlight on and are installing the shocks and 16 inch rear wheel. I still want to give it a little rake on the front.

Well we had a pretty productive day today, we got the 16 inch rear wheel on, lowered the battery box, welded on new lower shock mounts and mounted the HD 48 shocks(11 inch), and mounted a yam virago rear fender. here's some pics. The good lookin kid in the pic is the proud owner, our 17 year old son.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 244

Some more pics, the seat is a stock '07 Sporty seat that we have decided not to use.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 350

Looks good! A Sportster solo seat would really fit that well with that rear fender!

wow, that seat in a solo version would look the tits!

Thanks guys, no we're not gonna do a hoop, just a nice clean cap off on the frame tubes. I just played with it a little, welded up the unneeded holes in the rear fender and cut up the stock Kawi seat and mocked up a solo just for ideas and it looks pretty cool. I'll get permission from momma to use her electric knife and cut the thickness down and then get some pics. The stock pan was full of cancer so I can make a glass pan for the stock foam and then have it covered, might even try that too.

Well I got some update pics and I also need to proclaim that this bike is not an LTD duuh on my part, it is a KZ750 E3. We raked the neck as seen in the pics, we found a solo seat at the swapmeet on Sunday and got it on today. The tank is missing emblems and cap in prep for blasting and painting, paint scheme is top secret but one of the colors is a form of Kawi green. Headlight is off to paint mount brackets, seat is mounted, we should be done in time for our spring run, May 1st. Sorry about the black and white pics, don't know how the hell that happened.............LOL

Attachments

• 321tb2[1].jpg
    321tb2[1].jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 321tb3[1].jpg
    321tb3[1].jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 321tb4[1].jpg
    321tb4[1].jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 321tb[1].jpg
    321tb[1].jpg
    89 KB · Views: 233

Thanks, yes he is but he is also very involved and learning a lot. Everything is blasted and hopefully I will get the wheels painted today, I will try to post pics as we get things done, We are trying something a little different on the paint so we'll see how it works out. I have painted candies, pearls, marblizers, etc., but we are trying a different industrial look on the tins so stay tuned.............

Back
Top Bottom