That'll void your warranty - Your worst or most painful "fixes"

Re: That'll void your warranty - Your worst or most painful "fixes"

Oh the ole "touch up after primer, paint, and seven years of riding it". I've seen that one.

Lamp leads in the harness is par for the course.

Ha.. picking up a 2011 macbook tonight actually.. Wont turn on. "beep-beep-beep"... 2 seconds later on google. Bad stick of memory.... I should try the pine-sol trick! I have done a few phone boards in the ultrasonic in a bath of distilled water... been a little hit or miss with those lately. If I cant fix them though, I flip the parts on powerbookmedic. Harvesters... cheap bastards... but they pay for your shipping to them and it gets it gone quick.

I don't use the ultrasonic for parts since it takes the plating off US quarters. Just wash in the sink with some pinesol, let it soak a bit, then blow it dry right away.

When you put it back together, chances are the keyboard won't work even if you do wash that as well. You have to short the pins on the motherboard that go to the power button, thus simulating pressing a power button without plugging in a shorted out keyboard.

A shorted keyboard will usually cause it to boot to a black screen or make the "error" sound as if you're holding five keys at the same time.

A girl once brought me a MacBook Air (only one year old!) that wouldn't boot. Said her dad runs an electronics parts store and paid $50 for it. I washed it and it booted up but needed to use an external keyboard. Some people get so lucky.

yeah.. the jump pads are handy. a year old? I have had about 3 of those... I pick them up and drop them off at the Apple store on my way home for warranty repair. Unless its liquid damage.. I have pushed a few of those through a schools group warranty system... just bulk repairs so the little signs of water issues get over looked. I did that for a forum member too.

Liquid damage will screw you every time with the warranty. Apple makes it very clear they have no water damage warranty. Too bad I can't focus on computers OR bikes right now.

Construction this year is plentiful so off I go. God I love insurance claims after storms.

Dysfunctional writing is becoming and addiction of mine. I can't handle normal life anymore. I live in Memphis, Tennessee and I'm from Nebraska via Colorado. :eek:

It's dat fluoride, yano?

Somebody spent two-days tracking a "spark issue" before they called me. Turns out they weren't resting the plugs against any good ground.

*insert Billy Bob* It ain't got no gas innut.

Back
Top Bottom