drop seat kz

When you say another added at the bend are you talking about running a tube from the top bar to the bottom bar ?

like a truss, bridgework, whatever,i would come in at about the level of the top chain run
what you have going is too flexy the weld joints don't like that

I'm thinking about taking the top bars back off when I get the bottoms welded on . I don't really like how angled they are. They are only partially welded so it wouldn't be hard to remove and reposition . I just need to put the springer and wheels on so I know what angles I'm dealing with now.

Okay I get what your saying . I'll be sure to put some supports in so the bars don't flex as bad or at all. Thanks for the heads up

With bottoms on . Top is going to come down more cuz it's too high for my particular riding style.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.9 KB · Views: 271
Actually doesn't look bad at that height now . What y'all think ? Hardtail still too high?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 257
So I was really thinking about this hardtail and it's going to the shop tomorrow . Like I read in other posts I really don't want to be doing 70mph thinking about my welds and how it wasn't done professionally. Gonna cut the side tubes off and have the guy run the center tube down . Kind of like the voodoo hard tails only the seat height would be lower. Anyone who wants to see the finished frame I will post pictures when it's done
Schmeck

Will post pictures as soon as I can . We ran the numbers today on what needed to be done. Will most likely buy a hardtail and tweak it to what I want only because making a hardtail from scratch would rack up labor hours and cost more in the end . Will keep updated. Thanks for reading

Ordered an mk28 hardtail from voodoo vintage. Stoked. I really like there work and hope voodoo keeps producing for the kz750 twin as well as other bikes! 8)

Nice, I've been eyeballing Voodoo's stuff for awhile. I would love their hardtail kit for mine one day. Looks like you lose the top engine/frame mount and it's only lower rail mounted after.

Yeah I was looking at that top mount thinking the same thing . If the top mount is needed I am sure one can be welded in for support. What is really going to be nice is no more two bars! One single tube down the middle . Simple and clean.

Schmeck750 said:
Yeah I was looking at that top mount thinking the same thing . If the top mount is needed I am sure one can be welded in for support. What is really going to be nice is no more two bars! One single tube down the middle . Simple and clean.

Yeah, it really opens up the tank options.

Which leads me to a major question. Use the stock tank and move it a bit or go for a peanut tank. I might keep stock since 1) I rarely see a kz hard tail with a stock tank and 2) it wouldn't cost me anything lol

Stock or maybe something else altogether. Peanut tanks are really common. How much fuel you looking to hold?

I don't fancy sitting on the side of the highway watching cars pass me. If that helps haha. I think I might use the stock tank and just raise it and pull it back a bit to clear the springer forks

I wasn't going to bring it up but alot of folks shit talk the DNA springers. Give your's a good inspection at all the weld points.

Haha way ahead of you . Already inspected it . No problems at all. As much as people talk shit , it really won't matter me. After reading enough reviews I came to the conclusion that it was probably a bad batch or misuse. I haven't had any problems with mine. I have noticed that the springs aren't as stiff as you would expect. This leads me to believe that there is a specific weight limit that is probably exceeded with a bigger bike. If you bottom the springs hard enough you would probably put too much force on the welds. The sprinters were probably not designed for the extreme force. My opinion ,

On another note when u think about it . With soft springs and hitting a pothole probably don't go together . ;D

I ride a springer too, although a bit longer.. that type suspension does take a little getting used to. Not to hijack.

Attachments

• cc_chop.jpg
    cc_chop.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 269
Back
Top Bottom