Benotto Fixed Gear Bicycle

this one i found it in a pail of garbage here where i am ,its americana may by Ross probably 70-80

Attachments

• DSCN0068.JPG
    DSCN0068.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCN0069.JPG
    DSCN0069.JPG
    439.6 KB · Views: 1,240
Nice find flaco!

OK! So managed to source a set of decals. :)

5b76_12.jpg

Also found the handlebar I'm after on a UK based online site.

In keeping with with Italian heritage of the machine, here's a mockup with a set of new Campagnolas.

Benotto_concept_07.jpg

I wanted a set of the smaller spoke count wheels when I built mine. but MAN were they expensive!!

thanks Dale i didn't know what to do with it but looking at your built now i know . keep them coming

Bit of progress. Stripped and cleaned everything.

Some of the parts I've ordered have started trickling in...

The original fork was broken. This is an aluminum fork that I sanded down and then started polishing.

New Campagnolo wheels and the front tire.

wheel_front_fork.jpg

Rear Campagnolo with different spoke configuration.

wheel_rear_notyre.jpg

The only single speed kits that I could get hold of locally fitted Shimano Hubs only. The guys at Campagnolo fitted a Shimano Hub for me as a special request, and here it is with the single speed conversion...

Single_speeder.jpg

White chain.

white_chain.jpg

Steering head components all cleaned up. Will be doing some white paint to bring back to original. Had to get some heat in there which bubbled the paint. Seat post.

SteeringHead_Seatpost.jpg

Crank.

crank.jpg

And managed to find a 25.6mm bar.

Bullhorn.jpg

When I was involved in triathlons, probably before most in this thread were born. We used fixed gear bikes to force us develop turn over, as I recall, this really was a surprisingly long time ago. What is the purpose of a fixed gear other than as a training aid for geared bikes.

I don't want to hijack this thread, the pictures are great, so I'll start a thread on clip on height as related to bicycle bars.

rundown said:
What is the purpose of a fixed gear other than as a training aid for geared bikes.

As good a reason as any I can think of.

Polished up the stem and painted in the Benotto Logo.

Benotto_Stem_zps6963d437.jpg

He most definitely will be riding it!

Color is down, and applied decals.
Will be doing clear coat over the weekend...

Frame_colour_zpsaeb4b98f.jpg

That... is awesome!

Really nice work on the build mate, might even get inspired to give the old 3-speed hub monster I have a go-over.

Cheers - boingk

Thanks guys.

jeunemotard > yeah, I adjusted the saddle and bars after taking the pics later that day...

Complete_08_zps4daec58e.jpg

Holy crap, this came out better than I expected, such a nice build! Wish I had followed along

Now if only I had started on my Bianchi around the same time you 1st posted about this.

Mines currently flat, been to lazy to patch up the front tire. Which is actually a perfect time for me strip the paint and wire wool it for silver/steel like look. Buy the decals, slap them on, and clear coat it so it looks more appealing... Some day though!

Back
Top Bottom