Rose City '69 cb350

Swivel said:
Maybe five people telling you how to do things better on your bike may say more about you than anything I've posted on this thread,You really can't compare safety to pinstriping,can you?...

Quoted(out of context):"I actually don't have a single problem".....Maybe.....

LAOG?..... :eek:

Reread my post and just for a second think just maybe I know what I'm talking about.... :)
no you can't compare safety to pinstriping and i wasn't, all I was saying is people don't like my style because it's not like every other "cafe" on DTT or any other website. I actually have a good amount of people that like my bike, are into replicating the rearsets I made. As for safety, my bike has no issues when it comes to that. If you use fasteners properly as I do, the footpeg, brake lever and shifter don't pose a threat to safety. Also, if you see how my brakes and shifter are set up, it's just like every other rearset and the brake lever returns back everytime as it did stock. I still don't see how a rubberband works better. Never said you don't know what you're talking about, just really don't see what you're talking about. Is there a link somewhere online that shows what you're talking about? My buddy that races and I get the GP style shifter but not the rubberband part.

Swivel said:
Quote:"no you can't compare safety to pinstriping and i wasn't, all I was saying is people don't like my style because it's not like every other "cafe" on DTT or any other website."There is a certain ingrown logic here...

"I actually have a good amount of people that like my bike, are into replicating the rearsets I made. As for safety, my bike has no issues when it comes to that."Get a good liability policy and an engineering degree,it may come in useful....

"If you use fasteners properly as I do, the footpeg, brake lever and shifter don't pose a threat to safety. Also, if you see how my brakes and shifter are set up."Even the best bolts can loosen in use and allow parts to move about.Carry a spanner to tighten your footpegs if they come loose while riding,remember to do it really quick...

"My buddy that races and I get the GP style shifter but not the rubberband part."This is a similar setup to this diag on a race bike pic....I've fitted thin bungee hoodie type elastic cord (or fat rubber bands) to at least 8 race bike rearset brake levers as a return and they work great....Like racers rave how much their brake works on the track.....
thanks for the pic. that's what I figured but I'm already using a spring for the same purpose.
"Get a good liability policy and an engineering degree,it may come in useful....------looks like I have you now for that. THANKS!!
Even the best bolts can loosen in use and allow parts to move about.Carry a spanner to tighten your footpegs if they come loose while riding,remember to do it really quick...------so you're basically telling me that every single person with rearsets that are bolted with bolted on footpegs needs to weld on their footpegs because otherwise they will come loose and fall off while riding? Funny how at OMRA races not a single person welds their pegs on yet race after race they stay attached and from doing some research before making my rearsets, everybody I know that has bought or built rearsets has NEVER welded on their rearsets. Thanks for the insight but I'll go with my unsafe rearsets and pass on the engineering degree.

Swivel said:
#152 posts and he's an expert,...on cafe bikes as well! ::)
So evidently the amount of time spent online dictates the amount of mechanical skill you have. There really are some douchebags on this site!!!

Swivel said:
Take two in glass of water,early to bed and early to rise and you will feel far better in a day or two my little angry man.....Are you %^$#@% or $*&(^*.....? There are phone counseling services available if you don't have any money or a maiden aunt to talk to,you know.....
The dude really has a lot of time on his hands!

Liking this build man, super nice paint too. I got into doing some pinstriping a few years back, then decided I'd just leave it to the pros. Nothing finishes a paint job like some nice striping, and nothing ruins it as fast as some bad striping either.

Not sure about that rearset setup though, I can't tell in that photo with the peg folded up, but it looks a little on the high side to me. Gonna cramp those thighs up pretty quick.

Does the kick start still work with that setup?

nicholauslee said:
Liking this build man, super nice paint too. I got into doing some pinstriping a few years back, then decided I'd just leave it to the pros. Nothing finishes a paint job like some nice striping, and nothing ruins it as fast as some bad striping either.

Not sure about that rearset setup though, I can't tell in that photo with the peg folded up, but it looks a little on the high side to me. Gonna cramp those thighs up pretty quick.

Does the kick start still work with that setup?
Thanks man! Im 6'4" and the rearsets fit pretty darn comfortably and the kickstarter still works great. It's close but it just misses the brake. With a size 13 shoe, if I went down any further I'd be scraping my toes, haha. As for striping, I agree, I see some really bad striping and it really ruins it. My buddy that striped my tank is one of the best in the NW hot rod scene so I felt comfortable letting him go to town on it.

Here she is at home finally with both sides of the exhaust completed. All I have left is some minor painting, cut my throttle & clutch cable and i'm on the road again. I can't decide between painting the headers high temp black, clear coat or wrap 'em. Also got some powder coating of the licence plate frame/tail-light and the electronics cover.
581198_476899385660318_1674188985_n.jpg

389336_477039658979624_1895528164_n.jpg

Here's some shots of my bike at the 5th annual Rose City Roundup. A Kustom Kulture car/motorcycle/bicycle show. We're trying to make it more of a Rods n' Rockers kinda show with more people from all over. We had over 400 cars this year! I went with some black high temp paint. Got my cables cut and I'm powder coating my license plate frame this week along with my rearsets and a few other parts. Gonna go fill up with some non-ethanol premium and ride the hell out of it now to make up for lost time!!!
283664_404237419622130_1918127749_n.jpg

205290_404237279622144_943147165_n.jpg

I filled up with non-ethanol premium yesterday and finally started it up with the new headers. I love it!!! Time to ride! Here's a video of it running and me giving it a little throttle lovin'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiBt58uqPrc&feature=g-upl

I've ridden my bike a few times now and I gotta say, the feeling of clip-ons with rear-sets is fucking awesome. Absolutely loving my bike!!! Love pissing off everybody I pass with my loud exhaust.

So I took this bad boy on the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride Portland, Oregon which ended up around 70 miles round trip. I loved it and it rode great but I got to say, being 6'4", I was feeling a tad cramped. I've been debating selling this for something a tad bigger. I got on my buddy's cb500 and it felt bigger but then again he didn't have clip-ons and rearsets. At what cc is there actually a significant increase in space? I've almost been debating switching to a bobber to be completely laid out; I just love this bike too much and put so much time and $$$ into it. Thoughts?

The CB500 is definitely bigger, but not a ton. You'd probably feel much more at home on a KZ650 or even a T500 2-stroke :) both are much taller/longer bikes. The CB750 is another option, but a heavy one :)

Cool. Thanks. I'm probably going to stick with riding a cafe. The rockabilly greaser inside I guess. Anybody happen to know the size of Triumphs compared to a cb350? I may just do a mild cb500/550. Is the cb450 any bigger?
valvesprung said:
The CB500 is definitely bigger, but not a ton. You'd probably feel much more at home on a KZ650 or even a T500 2-stroke :) both are much taller/longer bikes. The CB750 is another option, but a heavy one :)

valvesprung said:

And someone you may know in the area just happens to be selling a T500... ;D

The CB450 is bigger, and pretty close to the size of the 500/550 if I recall. Are you thinking vintage Triumph?? I'm not familiar enough with those, but the modern classic Triumphs are much larger

Ya, I'd always consider a vintage Triumph and the same with a '68 or '69 cb450 (black bomber). I'm probably going to sell a few of my 50s/60s bicycles and my boardtrack racer project so that I can size up to a bigger bike. I want to get a decent running project and probably couldn't find a good black bomber or bonneville for what I could get for my bike. What are you looking for you
t-500?
valvesprung said:
The CB450 is bigger, and pretty close to the size of the 500/550 if I recall. Are you thinking vintage Triumph?? I'm not familiar enough with those, but the modern classic Triumphs are much larger

Re: Rose City '69 cb350*listed for sale/trade*

I just decided to see what I can come up with in terms of offers. Looking for something bigger since I'm a tad on the taller side. Here's the CL post.
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/3380472831.html

Back
Top Bottom