The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

I have these Koso instruments for sale.
Never used because (late at night) I decided I would prefer the white faced version!

A very good discount on the original price offered here first.

Speedo:

item.JPG

Tacho:

item.JPG

Crazy

Just a timely reminder to check your rear wheel bearings
4c7348700277af02442f976f97cb55e9.jpg

One went on me as I was riding on the spacer between bearings on the collapsed balls from the cage.. My rear break was noisy so I pulled it apart to see why. This was what I found .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a couple of recent pictures of local trips (Devon area)

Glad to report that the OE Honda Spokes and Cush drive bushes are holding up well. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has suffered from the sub-standard Skyteam variants. Concerned to see the damage caused by Orrible 64's collapsed wheel bearing - You've given me something else to worry about now!

Old Petrol Station in Colyford, East Devon
[pic][/pic]

[pic][/pic]
The Bridge Inn at Topsham where the Queen once dropped in for a pint (Really!)

Nice photo at the garage Herbert,
Are you now running on 5 star served by a bloke in a brown smock, rubbing his hands with an oily rag whilst smoking a roll up?

hello friends!

i have been following this thread intently (only on p.42 so far :S) and my ACE & exhaust kit is currently in the post.

quick question as i have read you guys saying no need for a roadworthy, just strait to the rego office is it?
I am adding to the ranks of the Tasmanian ACErs - I Live in hobart.

Cheers

Bearings at not hard to change. The messy bit was the spacer . Had to file the end a bit but re used it. All good now. Home ground cam was a success. 60 thou off base curve runs well. Not in my bike. Is in my mates ace and going stronger than ever.
98836b8dacb9d88814385e0a1399edaa.jpg

Middle cam from memory. Right is stock. Middle is 60 thou off the round bit. Third is another with less lift but bigger duration( untested)

Nope the two left ones in back to front. Middle has duration , first is high lift

orrible-64 said:
Bearings at not hard to change. The messy bit was the spacer . Had to file the end a bit but re used it. All good now. Home ground cam was a success. 60 thou off base curve runs well. Not in my bike. Is in my mates ace and going stronger than ever.
98836b8dacb9d88814385e0a1399edaa.jpg

Middle cam from memory. Right is stock. Middle is 60 thou off the round bit. Third is another with less lift but bigger duration( untested)

orrible-64 said:
Nope the two left ones in back to front. Middle has duration , first is high lift

Please keep this coming!

Lift on cam is measured by taking a measurement at east west of cam then take that from north south measurement. Hence grinding the base curve ( circular part) down gives more lift

Yea I saw that last night ridiculous asking price I don't know how he spent $7k if you look at skyteam Canberra you can buy one of theirs with the 250 motor for less than this guy is asking

stroker crazy said:
Welcome to the crew!

Don't know the rego story for Taz, perhaps Just Dan can cast some light.

Crazy

thanks crazy,

we're a lucky bunch to have a few good blokes who are dedicated to hang around in this thread for 2 years and help out. ;D

im a definite novice, learning everything online.
after reading everyone's info i have a quick question about carbis:
- is it worth going after market and if so, pick up the knock-off mik?
- if not, what is the big benefit with the re-jet, could i not just adjust the current jets for mixture?

thanks for helping this scrub out lads,
Dylan

p.s. shout out to jrod for the amazing blog walkthroughs ;D

If you are changing the exhaust and/or air filter you will at least need to look at rejetting. Lots of us have just rejetted. Changing carbs is going one step further to potentially get more power. It depends how much power you want.

If you try approach 1 and 2 at the end of this spreadsheet you can see whether changing the main jet to a larger one would give you more power at the top end.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USvziYIyzfyxfZA1YYpQf9eP4djb0GLWbvWcmME88Gk/edit#gid=1

As for the pilot, it seems that everyone who has changed to a larger one has had easier starting and more power.

Back
Top Bottom