Just For Fun --- How OLD Are You?

Hey! another old fossil!, glad to hear im not the only old fart on this board,
"old age and treachery,will always win over youth and inthusiasm"
8)

xs650 said:
Hey! another old fossil!, glad to hear im not the only old fart on this board,
"old age and treachery,will always win over youth and inthusiasm"
8)

You bet! Here in my office (cube) I have a big picture on the wall that's a good shot of a vintage B-17 w/ a F-16 flying above it. At the bottom it says: RESPECT Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery. I saw it in an AAFES store when I was stationed in Alaska... I liked it so much that I talked them into selling it to me even though it was their display picture... that was back when I was still in my 30s. Now I appreciate it more and more as the days/years go by! ;)

Way cool!, my oldest daughter (21) is stationed at shaw,NC. her and some friends came back for a visit in may,brought there sportbikes.It was fun to show them how and old man as they called me,could tear there asses up on the corners with my 30 plus year old xs cafe!
A humbling experiance for the two shaved headed "ricky rockets" that came with her.....they had the bikes,but not the skill
im still smile'n

Another fossil checkin' in. 62. I started riding 50 years ago and still lovin' it. And with a bit of luck I'll have my Norton (I bought it in 1967) out to El Mirage to see if it can crack 130. If you "whippersnappers" have as much fun as I've had you're in for a great trip.
img0798vk4.jpg

By weslake, shot with Canon PowerShot A430 at 2008-07-16[/img]

Yet another one at 55. Got my first street bike in 1969, a 63 150 Honda dream. After that a long sucession of mostly British, some Japanese, one Guzzie, and a Harley 45. Today I have three Honda projects, three mini bikes, and my daily rider a Yamaha Roadstar (my stationwagon).

Jim

xs650 said:
With all us old coots,we should have are own sub-sect, "half tons,doin the ton" ;D

Or at least "Half tons tryin' for the ton." Not sure my ol' 360 would do the ton going downhill, wide open, with a tail wind!

LOL, That would be another good "just for fun" How many bikes on here can actually do the ton.(not just think they can" cause its harder than it seems!) Most bikes under 1000 ccs that are vintage,have a hard time doing the ton,with a few exceptions like the cb750 etc. etc. I have one xs that will just do it,and another that will shatter the ton mark,and up the anty another 25 mph!

My 1960 Norton has an old (mid 70s) Weslake 500 speedway engine in it. I run it at El Mirage and Bonneville. It run in the 500 PS/PG which is Partial Streamlining Pushrod Gas. So far its best time has been 129.917mph. No guessing on whether or not it will do the ton.

well i seem to be the baby of the group, 22 years old, learned on a dream305 on a farm in the middle of IL when i was 12, just got back into bikes when i turned 20, built up the CL450 from parts, tried to get it running, bought the 360 last fall and have been wrenching since.

22, ive got a CB350, CB100, trail 90, S-65, and a cub 55T... Only the 350 runs. First two wheeled vehicle was a 150cc honda elite scooter, but quickly graduated to the trail 90.

Its great to see such a range of ages on this forum. I know I'm without a doubt the oldest but age is, to a point, irrelevant. Enthusiasm is the key. Show me a Manx Norton and I'll show you a giddy schoolboy.

Hoofhearted said:
Its great to see such a range of ages on this forum. I know I'm without a doubt the oldest but age is, to a point, irrelevant. Enthusiasm is the key. Show me a Manx Norton and I'll show you a giddy schoolboy.

i think everyone on this board turns 10 when we see one of those

I'm 36........my first bike was an orange 78 CB400T........since then Ive had a 77CB550 and now my 77CB750{not including mopeds and dirt bikes when i was a kid} ;).....Im pretty sure I will only own 70's hondas....

{well, maybe an old norton, or, maybe a triumph......and, um,well, those new retro ducatis are really bitchen
um}
anyway

ride safe

rob

I'm 57. Started riding in '68. First bike was a '57 Tiger 110, with all the nice goodies from Paul Dunstall. Wish I still had it. John.

Back
Top Bottom