Reverse cone muffler with 2.25" / 57mm inlet in Europe

briandk

Been Around the Block
I've only managed to find Cone engineering and Lossa engineering sellings these and both are US based. Would prefer to avoid the import taxes and the usual circus of import packages stuck in post office for weeks.

Dimecity-cycles sell them as well and no, I haven't got one for you, so most likely it will boil down to importing it.

You may want to contact these guys in Germany and ask them, whether they would be willing to make a megaphone for you from scratch (but it will certainly be more expensive than the one from Cone-Engineering, maybe even with shipping and taxes figured in):

http://www.auspuffschmiede.de

Cheers,
Greg

der_nanno said:
Dimecity-cycles sell them as well and no, I haven't got one for you, so most likely it will boil down to importing it.

You may want to contact these guys in Germany and ask them, whether they would be willing to make a megaphone for you from scratch (but it will certainly be more expensive than the one from Cone-Engineering, maybe even with shipping and taxes figured in):

http://www.auspuffschmiede.de

Cheers,
Greg

Thanks for the tip Greg. I caved and ordered a Cone-Engineering 12" from niche-cycles. It's not even the price that's the worst it's the Danish post office's handling of the taxation. Takes them forever to actually figure out how much they want to pluck you for.

We're in the same boat on that one... Shipping my TM38 carbs over from the states to the main custom's office here in Austria: 4 or 5 days. Custom's inspection: 6 weeks. And it would have taken longer, if I hadn't started calling them on the phone and insisting on updates and supplying invoices etc. in advance. :-[

I had some parts shipped to the uk from the us a while ago

Parts arrived and i paid the tax and ‘handling charge’

The shipper missed one small bolt out of the shipment

They sent the new volt and yes i was again charged tax and ‘handling’ on the full amount.

I didn’t bother to collect as tax and handling way more than the bolt was worth !

Stupid system !

Re: Reverse cone muffler with 2.25" / 57mm inlet in Europe

Niche cycles shipped it with fedex so I had it in my hand today, 3 days after ordering:)

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I ordered pistons from Niche and they were here 4 days after the order was placed, USA to Australia, unbelievable. With regards to the reverse cone muffler, they are very easy to make if you have oxy/acetylene...

Back
Top Bottom