DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOVEMBER 2019 - WINNER!

CAST YOUR VOTE!

• scott s

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • MiniatureNinja

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH

Here are the Nomination Rules:

1. Nominate one of our members' bikes for Bike of the Month - include up to 3 flattering pictures of the bike in question. This is an opportunity to recognize someone who's bike has inspired you.

Please don't nominate your own bike - make sure you have a well detailed build thread, post up in the Show n Shine area etc. and if enough people like your bike, someone will nominate it and maybe you'll see it as our banner in an upcoming month!

The Nomination must be accompanied by the member's User Name, a link to the thread where their bike is best described (Build thread, Show n Shine etc.) and a PHOTO of the bike in question.

2. Someone seconds the nomination (please only second one nomination)

3. Member should accept the nomination - If you're nominating a bike, make sure you're in contact with the owner, that they want the bike included and they accept the nomination. The Nominee should provide some back-story on the project, especially if there is a limited build thread.

4. Bike must be in running roadworthy condition - no basket cases. I know our bikes are never really 'finished' but it should be on the road/track/dirt and rideable.

5. If a bike has been nominated in the previous month but did not win, it should not be included in the current month's contest. Wait 3 months to allow other worthy nominations and then resubmit if you like.

6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly.

We will accept nominations for a few days till we have a good selection to a limit of 3 bikes per contest.

A poll will be set up and voting will take place for a week or so depending on timing. Whoever ends the voting period with the most votes wins :D

============================

LOST APOSTLE

James (aka The Jimbonaut here on DTT) - the owner the jewelry company Lost Apostle - is now proudly sponsoring the BOTM competition, and sweetening the pot with a $75 gift certificate!

This can be redeemed at their awesome website - www.lostapostle.ca

lostapostlelogo.png

Offering a wide selection of handmade bronze jewelry for the Renegade, the Rebel and the Rogue - now the BOTM winner can look sharp while tearing it up on their winning scoot.

Last edited:
For the sake of clarity - and apologies for not mentioning this directly last month, Dime City is no longer participating in the BOTM contest. They remain awesome supporters and sponsors of the site and our community as a whole.

When they approached me with the generous offer to also be part of BOTM, I was surprised given their already important support of DO THE TON which reaches back almost as long as we've been around.

With the change in ownership at Dime City, I expect they are working to make their marketing consistent, and it does take extra time and effort beyond the dollars to support individual contests like this.

So while I'm sad to see them not part of it, I can appreciate why and of course encourage everyone to continue supporting their business. They are part of a small group of other parts suppliers, like MikesXS.net for example.

Without these specialty vendors, I know my projects would have been much more difficult to complete - so keep them in business :)

I noticed when I bought my Carb kits from Randakk's that they are now a sister site to DimeCity and a few others, It makes sense they can each offer the others stuff to a larger market.

I would like to nominate Scott S and his CB550 Tracker build for BOTM. I think its a great build, functional and great looking.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=76818.10

Attachments

• botm.jpg
    botm.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 319
I'll second Scott S CB550, very nice build and very striking paint job!

Can we get a 2nd bike in the contest? Would love to start the vote today.

I would like to nominate MiniatureNinja's CB360. Bad Omen. I think it deserves another shot at BOTM. What a clean, simple and beautiful build.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=75072.0

New Thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=75850.0

c95919c4a961652a9825f4f0c8b5f520.jpg

Honored to be nominated! check my sig for updates and pictures - I think the old thread has some broken links

Ive got both CB550f (x2) and several CB 360's but had to go with 360 this time particularly as I helped out with it 8)

MiniatureNinja said:
Honored to be nominated! check my sig for updates and pictures - I think the old thread has some broken links

i updated the original nom with that link as well

Congrats on the win MiniatureNinja. I love that little cb. Well deserved!

Congrats on the win - first new banner on the new site coming soon! Start gathering nominees for the last BOTM of 2019!

Back
Top Bottom