CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

I think the option of cutting them up a bit is also open ;)
BTW, is your paypal address correct?

Had a set of carbs with missing idle adjuster screw, as most of you know, it's got a flexible section
None on eBay so I made one from 3/8" stainless bar, needs to be oversize so it can have a spring seat (so it doesn't vibrate away from setting)
Not quite as nice as I wanted but I broke the 6x32 tap and ha a few other issues with stuff
It's a real fine thread, had to get a new die which turned out to be 20mm OD so then I had to make a die holder ::)
Idleadjuster1.jpg

Idleadjuster-fitted.jpg

wow...stainless...really?!?! over engineer much? lol. one more reason I like you. If its worth doing...its worth overdoing.
maybe just the angle of the pic....but will the head interfere w pulling the bowl? looks like things could get squeezy twixed float and knurled adjuster screw head.
but it is cool. and WAY more reliable than the stock flexi setup. Too bad your the only one who will know its there.

CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

crazypj said:

Oh sweet mother of god... YES!!!

A touch lower I reckon but damn that is a killer looking rear end.

trek97 said:
wow...stainless...really?!?! over engineer much? lol. one more reason I like you. If its worth doing...its worth overdoing.
maybe just the angle of the pic....but will the head interfere w pulling the bowl? looks like things could get squeezy twixed float and knurled adjuster screw head.
but it is cool. and WAY more reliable than the stock flexi setup. Too bad your the only one who will know its there.

nope, it's just the camera angle, it could get a bit warm trying to adjust without gloves though as it's real close to cylinder.
It going to a guy over at HondaTwins

Got Brendon's new WM3 front wheel on bike with 90/90 tyre.
All the dimwits who fit wider tyres to narrower rims should see it, looks far wider on wide rim.
I'll get a pic tomorrow
BTW, not over engineered, I don't like stuff going rusty.
Silencers should match the angle of the fiberglass KZ650 tail I'm making (now I'm giving away too much ;) )
I also Have this rear wheel with a 4.50x18
RearTyre2.jpg

and a pic from the other side in case you missed it first time
RMZKXF-2.jpg

crazypj said:
Silencers should match the angle of the fiberglass KZ650 tail I'm making (now I'm giving away too much ;) )

;D What's all this keeping us in the dark, huh?

It's turning into another long term project, didn't want to keep everyone in suspense until boredom took over.
Her's another teaser then
IMG_1841.jpg

Glenn has sent some pics of Brendon working and what I think is a good pic of me/garage
IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

Bottom bearing, almost fully seated Just for the people who think level with edge of frame is OK)
IMG_1867.jpg

Front assembled (mostly) 90.90 tyre on WM3 rim
IMG_1887.jpg

Brendon didn't like the modified sprocket cover, too much grease that collects off drive chain was visible so asked if I could come up with some sort of mesh
Had some perforated sheet aluminium from doing rear wheel a while ago so cut it up and made this
Bike-58sprocketcovermod.jpg

I like it so much, I'm going to do a couple more
Brendon's bike has progressed to the stage where I allowed it on the bench ;D
It's not getting paint.
Seat is CB350, fairing by WOK ;)
Bike-59.jpg

Bike-61.jpg

All for now
PJ

Very nice on that sprocket cover!!! Lee (Swagger) is doing something similar to the cover on my (ex)550. Not sure exactly, I'd have to ask the current owner, but it sounds cool! Neat seeing it.

Actually did something useful on 2 bike's today
I tapped the steering head with 1.8mm thread so I can re-fit the VIN plates.
The original 'rivscrew' things were too difficult to remove without damage so I carefully drilled heads off and punched them through before removing plates
Teenytinttaps.jpg

steeringheadcloseup-1.jpg

now I have to find some 1.8mm screws
Brass or stainless? :-\

couldnt find any M1.8 but if you could go up to 2mm...?
M2x4mm Stainless Slotted Pan Head Screw
$0.30
http://www.metricscrews.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_5_24&products_id=323
10043_zpsdeb56919.jpg

Yep, I already found out M1.8 is a real difficult size to find. (unless you buy 3,000+ screws ;D )
Luckily I bought a die to go with tap, I thought I may have to make brass screws
I may get some 2mm and run die down them in the meantime

Just for fun, a use for 'ded' piston
Newtaillight-1.jpg

Newtaillight-2.jpg

Light is a bit 'pink' so the pure white LED bulb is going to need some red tint

Back
Top Bottom