Ultimate Cafe Racer Watch

FIN69

Finnish watchmaker Stepan Sarpaneva designed and manufactured this timepiece to honor 70's RR world champion Jarno "Baron" Saarinen who died -73 in Monza GP. Design follows Baron's helmet colors.

Attachments

• 7[1].jpg
    7[1].jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 529
  • saarinnen-1973-jarno-saarinen-500[1].jpg
    saarinnen-1973-jarno-saarinen-500[1].jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,436
Be interested in seeing the price. Not a real high dollar movement. It's one used in a lot of Audemars knock offs.

OR perhaps you'd prefer one of these, from one of the better Swiss makers...

http://www.watchonista.com/2914/watchonista-blog/news/zenith-heritage-pilot-cafe-racer-biker-and-libertarian-attitude

Attachments

• zenith-heritage-pilot-cafe-racer-003.jpg
    zenith-heritage-pilot-cafe-racer-003.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 404
  • Zenith-Heritage-Pilot-Cafe-Racer-main-thumb-1440xauto-28725.jpg
    Zenith-Heritage-Pilot-Cafe-Racer-main-thumb-1440xauto-28725.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 427
Shouldn't a cafe racer watch have a lap timer? Stopwatch function minimum. I dig watches but I gather you guys know more about them than I do.

Those don't make me think of a cafe racer. this is my daily wear right now. Distressed brown leather band would make it 100% my style. Simple. Elegant. Does the job without gaudy frills. The way I like my bikes ;)

4b3f417d65944ff65dd6d870e6120d5c.jpg

Current daily

Attachments

• citizen-jz1065-13e-promaster-mens-chronograph-eco-drive-watch-15.jpg
    citizen-jz1065-13e-promaster-mens-chronograph-eco-drive-watch-15.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,335
Zenith makes nice watches. I imagine the "café racer" version is in the $3,000-$4,000 range.

These are my two I wear the most.

FB_IMG_1464066362307_zpsdceaa0ip.jpg

Have an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean, few more Tissot's, the limited edition MotoGP versions, few Breitlings, one Tag, a Monaco I scored on CL for $800, and one Rolex I bought from a little old lady on Craigslist. Someone decided it was a good idea to hand me a six figure check, just to sign the dotted line when I was 19, so, I got in to watch collecting. I used to have a safety deposit box full of them, but I've liquidated most of them over the last few years.

The Zenith is a chronograph, that is, it has a built in 'stop watch', its rrp is 7100 usd. I have a few decent watches, including 2 Zenith chronographs which share the same El Primero movement as the one pictured, this is one I'm wearing today..

Attachments

• Ducatiwatch 012a.jpg
    Ducatiwatch 012a.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 387
nope, this is the one you want...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Popular-Blue-LED-Light-Aviation-Speedometer-Steel-Case-Wrist-Watch-Black-Strap-/331365619099?hash=item4d26ee159b:g:g7cAAMXQhpdR4MEw

I did indeed buy one (pretending to forget my skin allergy to all metals) and the metal backing ate a large piece of skin off the back of my wrist and the batteries lasted about a week, cool toy though

there are flasher versions available on the bay of E but I doubt they're any better

Not a fan of Rolex. I am quite partial to TAG and love omega. But my tiny little bitch ass wrists don't work well with the giant omega watches. Also, I can't afford them, so there's that.

J-Rod10 said:
Tough to beat a Daytona.

If you have one of the rare ones with a Zenith movement in it, they are now worth a fortune.

Just got mine from a garage sale and it came with an extra battery LOL never really wanted another fake I have a real GMT but $30 and it's so freakishly nice and the movement is spot on never stops haah!

Make me an offer??

f5dae1ef053cd2a3d755839ee473f3f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

135737a30f8d9709f69d3daed49e662e.jpg

canyoncarver said:
Shouldn't a cafe racer watch have a lap timer? Stopwatch function minimum. I dig watches but I gather you guys know more about them than I do.
The, what you would normally refer to as the second hand, is the chronometer. The second hand is the small dial to the left.

J-Rod10 said:
The, what you would normally refer to as the second hand, is the chronometer. The second hand is the small dial to the left.

Ah, didn't catch that. Cool. I wear an 80$ Pulsar so I'm not really one to talk high end watches. I have a thing for TAG's and an Omega or two though. I didn't know about the Zenith and the one Bevel posted is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom