Maritime's new GL - 2UP Distance eater

Also I did unplug tidy up and wrap the spaghetti mess. I really like pulling the power from the fb 11. It makes circuits really easy you just need to know if the switch is powered or ground and run wires appropriately full write up to follow.

i like your dedication to the job

the porta potti commode chair must be very handy for those long days

Ha yep I brought that down as a shop chair. I have a high bench one and that's the low one. Comes in handy when I can't stand long. So brake bleeding was going awesome until the right side bleeder decided to break off so I had tobswap out caliper and pads, but the syringe trick worked awesome. Blead to a nice firm pull in minutes from a dry system.

Attachments

• IMG_20160626_163707650.jpg
    IMG_20160626_163707650.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20160626_175353940.jpg
    IMG_20160626_175353940.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 225
We are very close to a ridable machine. Need to figure out speed sensor mount, tach, fluids and seat. I can just slap seat on as is and ride so July 8th will happen now. The only difference will be cosmetic. Jill is helping with paint prep so at least some panels may have final paint.

TO DO:
Wiring - all systems, new gauge, required lights to be legal. Coils, fan and starter system done just lights, Just speedo and tach left now.
Brakes - Front bled, rear checked, new rear line can wait.
Choke mounted and lubed.
Seat - GL1100 pan modded to fit 1000, foam carved, some kind of cover - OK got the leather at least for this
rear fender - mounted
Rear lights - tail and turns mounted, may need to use leftovers temp for now.
Make bracket for heal toe and mount.
Finish sand and paint the housing I made for gauge.
Mirrors, need to figure out a mount, the new master and clutch perch do not have threads/mounts

Fresh Fluids and test start possibly tonight!

Getting real close now!

Maybe many but Ducati uses these: on the masters brake and clutch, can you swap out yours for these... I have a set onhand I can loan you until you find yourself a set.

s-l300.jpg

Thanks, I found those on Ebay and bike stores, If I can't make something I'll grab a pair. I'd take the loan offer but shipping then here would cost almost as much as buying a pair.

I just ordered a set, came to 16 CAD shipped so that should fix the mirror mount issue. Should arrive Tues next week.

B541Niner said:
Read on the "shout" about the syringe trick...nice tip.

Yep it really worked well, I'll know for sure when I do the shake down ride. Got the speed sensor mounted, forgot to take a pic but I bent some aluminium up and replaced the washer on the front fork axle nut with it and the zip tied the sensor, screwed the magnet to a bolt and bent the bracket so they line up and pass. then I programmed the circumferance of the tire into the computer and we'll see if it all works. Tonight I will change the oil, add the coolant and wheel her outside. I wanted to get the bits my wife sanded for me in primer to find the flaws and putty but it was 90% humididty and will be for the next 3 days, I don't want to rush the paint and have to redo it, it can be ugly until the weather cooperates.

Here is the leather looks like enough to do the seat.

Attachments

• IMG_20160628_200100929.jpg
    IMG_20160628_200100929.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 213
That's a possibility, or black, or even a blue to match the paint. not sure yet. My wife wants me to outsource but so far the cost is crazy, 2 places 200-250 with me supplying the leather! So I believe I will be sewing it myself. Since I am just recovering the current seat the same way, I can easily make a pattern from the old cover after pulling the stitching

shit man, for that price you can buy the damn sewing machine needed to do seats and start doing seats on the side for $$

Seats are high because of the time and it takes a guy off interior work for a few hours... need a retired dude that just needs a side deal.

I know I told my wife that. and out sewing machine will sew the leather I bought, I have done it 2 times now. I just need to use the right thread, can't be upolstery, has to be standard size but I buy the high strength. the baseball sticth if I do it will be done by hand. laid out, holes pre-punched and done will watching tv and drinking beers ;D

there is one of those I have yet to ask, his wife works with me. However he has something against leather as I asked him a while ago about a seat cover and he said he won't or can't do leather so I didn't get him too. I think it may have been he has not supplier so I will reach out and tell him I have the leather and how much to just make the pattern and sew the cover. I'll pull the old one, give him it and the leather then I'll attach the new one to keep the cost as low as possible, he just needs to sew. He's good, he did 2 cushions for my wife that I had no time to do and they are top notch.

So tonight I just need to mount the crash bars which I needed new u-bolts for, then oil & filter, coolant, and roll her out for a shakedown ride and to test the speedometer. as long as the rain doesn't hit that is. if it rains I'll just get it all done and ready then test ride tomorrow.

I'll post some soon. Jill is priming tins so the bike wont be ugly when we ride! I hit rear fender with the blue but they can fucked up and sprayed as all lumpy. It then worked so I now have to sand and respray.

Back
Top Bottom