1972 DS7 The Row Boat

I took a few measurements tonight and it looks like a 520 non o ring chain should work. I'll have to get the sprocket on the front turned down to 1/4" to fit the 520 chain size. Anybody need a 110 link 530 chain? Haha.
I did get started on the metal seat though. I'm going to make a transition from the seat to the back of the tank where it is open to cover that up and should give me room to put the battery under there. I've got some trimming and fitting left to go but its a good start.
20140204_194507_zpsd0c5d011.jpg

The shed is still open through the ceiling via the porch. It was very humid yesterday and inside the shed was that damp. I may be installing plywood this weekend.

clem said:
Come on guys I speak perfect English with no accent.
"Everytime you open your mouth I keep waiting for Crawfish to start jumping out of your pockets" :p

Redbird said:
"Everytime you open your mouth I keep waiting for Crawfish to start jumping out of your pockets" :p
Chris you have a hell of a memory.

clem said:
Was able to use the google account for the video.

http://youtu.be/EnT4Jk1I4Jo
I think that I may have had the video set on private.

Thanks Brad, you helped out a bunch on it and I appreciate it. It wasnt hard to start at all. I figured that I would have a hard time with it having the wrong carbs on it. I set the air screws to 1.5 out and set the slide adjustment and it idled pretty good. Once I get the front sprocket straight I may give it a spin around the block to check out the mid range.

Holy cow Clem that's awesome, got to get some bloody silencers on there though that is loud!!

johnu said:
Holy cow Clem that's awesome, got to get some bloody silencers on there though that is loud!!
Yeah my 7 year old was scared to come outside.

clem said:
Chris you have a hell of a memory.
I tell this story weekly myself!!!!
Hell, I live under the building you said it happened in!!

OK, now put that in a truck come over here and we can rip up NOLA on Strokers!!!! GOD, what a headache that will be, but it will smell good.

Seat blinkers and paint Scott and I'll be on my way. Some boiled crawfish would be pretty good about now though. If your ever off during the week maybe we can hit the rivershack for lunch.

Found out why I had a fuel leak. It was seeping through the bolt holes so I drilled out a recess for an o-ring. I dont have the original hardware that came with the tank(no petcock when I bought it) but it appears to have some type of washers on the parts fiche. It should work now though.
before:

After:

Thank You RichArd

That should work the washers are some kind of fiber crap i would think a roll of gasket paper would make 100s of them but im a hack so....can i be really trusted?

Back
Top Bottom