best riding jeans?

Memphis gear:
cvIRpKM.jpg

warpedworm said:
Just started checking out Bohn, could you tell me a little more about this?
I think this is the way I want to go.

Anybody else have experience with Bohn?

i have the i piece spandex type bohn pants with hip knee shin and tailbone very comfy the pads stay in place pretty well having the pads close to you, under outer pants tends to be more breathy ,when its hot i just wet down the draggins and it is easy to stay cool at speed that way

I haven't crash tested riding jeans, but I have crash tested a full textile riding suit, and I was dang glad I was wearing that when I did crash test it. Entering a tight hairpin turn way too hot, and low-sided at about 40mph.

While sliding on the asphalt, I distinctly remember thinking, "Dang, I'm glad I'm wearin' my suit." It saved my skin...as did my boots and my gloves. Even with that, I was not without injury. It was simply much much less than it would have been.

Aside from that, I have a set of "Draggin Jeans" for around town riding. While I feel safer than wearing regular jeans, I don't push my luck by "Riding Over My Pay Grade" either. They have a kevlar lining, but no armor. Smack the ground, and it's gonna hurt. The fit is a bit bulkier than say, 501s, but they can be worn around without attracting attention.

So, while I'm not totally a ATGATT guy, I won't go out on a long road ride in just jeans....kevlar included.

Well prepared for the inrush of pessimists, but unless its cold, I wear jeans and a t shirt long sleeve on long rides to keep the sun off. I ride one handed most of the time tucked in laced leather sneakers... the whole no no get up... I know I'm stupid I'm gonna be sorry bla bla bla... so what... do what you want as long as it effects no one but you. common law is about as common as common sense I guess HAAhh. piss on it :eek:

The Bohn armor that goes under your pants is expensive but really good. I often wear the Duluth Trading firehose cargo pants. Very very tough material and abrasion resistant. Very comfortable and lots of great pockets.

Mike Lawless said:
I don't push my luck by "Riding Over My Pay Grade" either.

no offence Mike, but my slight Dyslexia had me reading that as "riding over my gay parade"...........

sorry about that but it did have me thinking for a second ...WTF

Tune-A-Fish said:
Well prepared for the inrush of pessimists, but unless its cold, I wear jeans and a t shirt long sleeve on long rides to keep the sun off. I ride one handed most of the time tucked in laced leather sneakers... the whole no no get up... I know I'm stupid I'm gonna be sorry bla bla bla... so what... do what you want as long as it effects no one but you. common law is about as common as common sense I guess HAAhh. piss on it :eek:
We've all been there at some point. I've been known to go for a few hours cruising in shorts, Chuck Taylors, and a tee shirt. But the man was asking about riding jeans. The older you get, the longer it takes to pick yourself up off the pavement, and it takes a lot
Longer to heal. Road rash hurts like a bi-ot-ch.
I've never given anyone crap because they were prepared, you can were a full leather race suit if you like and I won't talk trash. Get some gear you like, that fits, and isn't a distraction while you're riding, and wear it everytime. You never know when you will run up on a suicidial dog/deer and that gear could be a life saver. ;)

Thomas_Hudson said:
We've all been there at some point. I've been known to go for a few hours cruising in shorts, Chuck Taylors, and a tee shirt. But the man was asking about riding jeans. The older you get, the longer it takes to pick yourself up off the pavement, and it takes a lot
Longer to heal. Road rash hurts like a bi-ot-ch.
I've never given anyone crap because they were prepared, you can were a full leather race suit if you like and I won't talk trash. Get some gear you like, that fits, and isn't a distraction while you're riding, and wear it everytime. You never know when you will run up on a suicidial dog/deer and that gear could be a life saver. ;)

I know... In retrospect this post was not a good addition to this tread, but if it causes conversation about safety maybe... meh. I have had the rash twice one almost loosing most of both palms (thank god the skin grew back) and a flat spot still on my hip from a violent front tire blowout hitting a road rut and the other hip, back knee and ankle from my own stupidity back in my early 20's not tightening up throttle cables and whacking it on an on ramp... I was down before I could reach the clutch or kill switch... I wore the armor but end up back in jeans

I might add, I have had #'s in MX and RR 1980's local stuff not pro def no hero with a fair bit of broken bones and know the importance of safety... some of us are just free runners and don't take shit so serious all the time... selfish maybe.. IDK.

it gets hot as fuk around here in the summer and the only comfortable way to ride is in wetted down gear,mesh jacket and soaked jeans with the bohn underneath keeps you cool, just have to plan a ride on some water stops is what i do, a t shirt and jeans close to your skin is much hotter ....and hot pavement :-[ goddam most of the rodes i am on are chip seal you dont even want to go down on that naked :-\ as in a t shirt

xb33bsa said:
it gets hot as fuk around here in the summer and the only comfortable way to ride is in wetted down gear,mesh jacket and soaked jeans with the bohn underneath keeps you cool, just have to plan a ride on some water stops is what i do, a t shirt and jeans close to your skin is much hotter ....and hot pavement :-[ goddam most of the rodes i am on are chip seal you dont even want to go doewn on that naked :-\

I hear ya XB... But my t shirt smells sooo good in the morning after the wife wears it all night :eek:

I'm not an atgatter, but at my age (mid 60s) I should be. Just remember one thing I learned in an emergency room in the early seventies. The biggest lie in the English language is not, "The check's in the mail." It's not, I'll still respect you." It is, "There will be some discomfort." This roughly translates as, "Grab the side of the table and hang on."

Back
Top Bottom