Trackers...

pjams

Help me understand tracker builds. There have been some tracker builds that make me drool with their looks and performance. But are they built for off road or street? Knobby tires on the street? Poor off road suspension off road? I could see them working in the snow, dirt road, or some flat land but every time I think of building one I always come back to a cafe. Someone with experience (or not) shed some light.

If it's a flat tracker, it should look something like this:

ron_wood_flat_tracker1.jpg

Made for the dirt track, but not for jumping or MX type off road work.

I consider one of my bikes a tracker. But, it's an enduro with tracker stylings.

0EpirWn7d8Psr87o.jpg

Then there are more flat track style bike that can still do street:

index.php

Even though he calls this a Scrambler, I would consider it a tracker too:

index.php

Well I guess that would beg the question what's the difference? Tracker vs scrambler. BTW, I love your enduro's classic look.

You just build what YOU want - let OTHERS decide the pigeon hole, after all - does their opinion matter that much ?

Well I've never let their opinion effect a build, except for safety. I was just curious about the riding dynamics of them.

beachcomber said:
You just build what YOU want - let OTHERS decide the pigeon hole, after all - does their opinion matter that much ?

AMEN, BROTHER!!!! Well put, BC.

beachcomber said:

What? We are allowed to do that???? =) good insight for sure!

No you're not. You can't give your opinion either. But you can give your opinion about giving your opinion about what your opinion might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deviant said:
No you're not. You can't give your opinion either. But you can give your opinion about giving your opinion about what your opinion might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that made me think of this instantly =) good answer as well deviant

ok ! so I know that you know, and you know that I know. and I know you know and you know I know, and I know you know I know and you know I know you know...........

Flat track bikes don't have knobby tires. They are purpose built racing machines. What you're after is a "street tracker" if we must label it. Looks like a flat tracker, but is tamed down a bit for the street.

The most well known street tracker is probably the Harley XR1200, based on the Sportster and modeled after their very successful (if you ignore all the cheating ;) ) flat track racers of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

The best street tracker builder in the game in my opinion, is Mule Motorcycles out of California. This is his Harley based "Stealth" bike.

VonYinzer said:
Harley XR1200

I'm gonna have to correct you on this one Yinz...most famous flat tracker is easily the XR750, which the current production XR1200 is "loosely" based off of ;D

Edit: re-read your statement and your said STREET tracker, so I guess you win. I'd still take the 750 though!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 903
Ya man... The real deal XR750 is great. Shame HD had to change all the rules to ensure they won though. Hard not to be the toughest guy on the block, when you're the only guy on the block. Lol...

Back
Top Bottom