What did you do today instead of working on your bike project?

Finally started on the painting and decorating I've been promising to do for ages. At least the missus is happy!

Making wiring harnesses for other peoples' projects. Seven on the go right now, five pictured.

Attachments

• 1f3cc5fe823711e380a21273f828ffe7_8.jpg
    1f3cc5fe823711e380a21273f828ffe7_8.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 518
Started work at 5am, finished at 9am.
Working on the boat whist the motorcycles watch in envy.
Dentist appointment in the next city in 2 hours. 1 hour train ride there.

Got up, went to work, went home, went to bed, repeat.... damn, HATE being sick!

Went to work. Don't mind the job but HATE the employer...makes for a long day.

Did stop by HF on the way home and bought a new angle grinder and grinding disks, though. New tools always make the day better, right?

ridesolo said:
Went to work. Don't mind the job but HATE the employer...makes for a long day.

Did stop by HF on the way home and bought a new angle grinder and grinding disks, though. New tools always make the day better, right?

Yes ^ . So this weekend I was hoping to wrench on the GL. nope, got to do strut mounts on the POS. It should only be a few hours but know the POS it will take the whole weekend and I will have to run and spend a bunch more $$ for unseen shit that is worn out or broken.

Just buy all new bolts in advance hahaha.. anytime i work on my S15 I buy bolts along with parts... stupid thing sat on a farm for years so its rather crusty underneath... Easier to cut/break and replace then try to actually get any of them off or out.

I wanted to work on my bikes last night, but ended up going to a Business Seminar :-\

Tonight I have big plans for my bike MUAHAHA!

D4N63R said:
Just buy all new bolts in advance hahaha.. anytime i work on my S15 I buy bolts along with parts... stupid thing sat on a farm for years so its rather crusty underneath... Easier to cut/break and replace then try to actually get any of them off or out.

LOL I do this too, but I can't find the size on the damn strut nut, the mounts come with the nuts but I have to actually remove the strut nut and then take it to NAPA to get a replacement, manual says replace and no size info. Nissan has no listing in their shit system and niether does Napa.

Kinda hard to explain anything I do without it getting too complicated lol. I could just say did chores and errands but that sounds too boring. So here let me bore you, but I'll at least give the Cliff notes version lol: Day started at 3:30a. Pellet stove smothered itself out due to crappy pellets and partially filled the house with smoke. Cleared the air and cleaned stove and reloaded with better pellets. Gathered medical supplies and filled syringes with meds and started barn chores at 4:30. Restocked hay from the loft to downstairs, Fed grains and cleaned stalls, put out hay for the day. Carried 5- 5gal buckets of warm water to the barn for the llamas and alpacas. Dealt with an abscess on a llama by draining and flushing with povodine, then injecting the abscess with penicillin then injected another dose subQ. Been dealing with this injury for 6 weeks but finally seeing daylight. Cleaned the ear of another alpaca that had his ear severed in a fight. Did a povodine soak and removed puss, then packed wound with tripple antibiotic ointment. Injected Baytrill antibiotic subq. Fed the ducks, dogs and cats.

Carried 4- 5 gallon buckets of warm water and 2 bales of hay to the horses in the field (took several trips) Cleaned their shelter. Ate breakfast on the go as I headed out the door at 8a to drive cat to the Vet. dropped cat off at Vet and picked up my sons car and drove it back home (an hour each way) to a local tire shop to have the tires rotated and balanced. Stopped off at the house to check animals and check fire in the stove and eat lunch. Drove the truck back to his office and picked the cat back up and drove home. Stopped at feed store to buy Duck feed, a new water trough for the horses, syringes and penicillin. Arrived home to meet wife who picked up a load of pellets. Unloaded pellets and did a reverse of the morning chores with the exception of dealing with the injured animals. Finish chores around 8p and almost too tired for dinner. The end and here I sit barely awake. Tomorrow will be much the same except the middle between morning and evening chores, where I will go fix something that I've been neglecting. Lots get neglected so I'll have lots to choose from...Now the end.

troybilt said:
Kinda hard to explain anything I do without it getting too complicated lol. I could just say did chores and errands but that sounds too boring. So here let me bore you, but I'll at least give the Cliff notes version lol: Day started at 3:30a. Pellet stove smothered itself out due to crappy pellets and partially filled the house with smoke. Cleared the air and cleaned stove and reloaded with better pellets. Gathered medical supplies and filled syringes with meds and started barn chores at 4:30. Restocked hay from the loft to downstairs, Fed grains and cleaned stalls, put out hay for the day. Carried 5- 5gal buckets of warm water to the barn for the llamas and alpacas. Dealt with an abscess on a llama by draining and flushing with povodine, then injecting the abscess with penicillin then injected another dose subQ. Been dealing with this injury for 6 weeks but finally seeing daylight. Cleaned the ear of another alpaca that had his ear severed in a fight. Did a povodine soak and removed puss, then packed wound with tripple antibiotic ointment. Injected Baytrill antibiotic subq. Fed the ducks, dogs and cats.

Carried 4- 5 gallon buckets of warm water and 2 bales of hay to the horses in the field (took several trips) Cleaned their shelter. Ate breakfast on the go as I headed out the door at 8a to drive cat to the Vet. dropped cat off at Vet and picked up my sons car and drove it back home (an hour each way) to a local tire shop to have the tires rotated and balanced. Stopped off at the house to check animals and check fire in the stove and eat lunch. Drove the truck back to his office and picked the cat back up and drove home. Stopped at feed store to buy Duck feed, a new water trough for the horses, syringes and penicillin. Arrived home to meet wife who picked up a load of pellets. Unloaded pellets and did a reverse of the morning chores with the exception of dealing with the injured animals. Finish chores around 8p and almost too tired for dinner. The end and here I sit barely awake. Tomorrow will be much the same except the middle between morning and evening chores, where I will go fix something that I've been neglecting. Lots get neglected so I'll have lots to choose from...Now the end.

Now I feel lame about only splitting a half cord of wood LOL. Glad you are still alive and kicking. I enjoy the pics from the farm on FB. Jill and I were discussing maybe coming for a working vacation this summer like Mike and his daughter did last year.

Cheers

Shit, all I did was sit at a computer all day before going home and sitting on a couch watching tv.

After reading Troys day I am too pooped out to do anything....

started w a 100 + - yr old shotgun, rusted w cracked stock.

before_zps973c4a68.jpg

a buddy donated a scrap chunk of quilted big leaf maple.

layout_zps98d977b6.jpg

CIMG1307_zps1c6e8628.jpg

I have been home sick all week.
Here is where I am at this morning.
gonna soak the de-rusted metal parts in the bathtub, today. Preparing them for brown finish using pickle juice. I dont do hot blue, and I dont like the appearance of cold blue finishes.

The new stock needs a couple more coats of hand rubbed oil finish.

CIMG3981_zps3c496bed.jpg

after lunch and a nap I plan to disassemble, clean and grease the zombie killer.

CIMG3984_zps135e01f1.jpg

trek97 said:
After reading Troys day I am too pooped out to do anything....

started w a 100 + - yr old shotgun, rusted w cracked stock.

before_zps973c4a68.jpg

a buddy donated a scrap chunk of quilted big leaf maple.

layout_zps98d977b6.jpg

CIMG1307_zps1c6e8628.jpg

I have been home sick all week.
Here is where I am at this morning.
gonna soak the de-rusted metal parts in the bathtub, today. Preparing them for brown finish using pickle juice. I dont do hot blue, and I dont like the appearance of cold blue finishes.

The new stock needs a couple more coats of hand rubbed oil finish.

CIMG3981_zps3c496bed.jpg

after lunch and a nap I plan to disassemble, clean and grease the zombie killer.

CIMG3984_zps135e01f1.jpg

Beautiful stock!

I can tell by your "zombie killer" that you are not in the un-constitutional state of California.

Worked at the Motorcycle Salvage, Worked at my other job, Started planning the upcoming Supermoto season at the track, Play with my son (hes 15 mo) made sure my fish tanks are running properly, had coffee, working on some other stuff for another bike club, worked on a blog, clean up after the kid and so on. Oh ya and kept the wife happy. Happy wife more bikes in the shop so happy life!

Back
Top Bottom