1 & 3 Lean 2 & 4 rich?

yes I had the manual when I rebuilt the carbs. set everything back to baseline except for needle height, I think there are 5 grooves and I placed it on the 3ring, so middle.

I took the carb bowls off becuase #3 was dry. Reset the float heights to 22m as they were high, installed a brand brand new bowl on #4 and reinstalled. It ran awesome. idle sorta sucked but ran strong. I did think it was running rich becuase I didnt like the color of the pipes, but all 4 were the same.

next day, once I got its tsarted it ran really badly.. backfire, carb weezing, lotsa wierd stuff. pulled the plugs and all are black, 4 is wetter than the others.

might try and take the carbs off again tonight. Will check that 4 bowl see if the main jet is ok or seated right. While I have them out, what else shoudl I do, maybe to address the rich? raise bowls or lower the needle?

bike is all stock

Assuming the needles are stock, then the middle clip setting is standard.

Where is the bike running rich? Around idle and up to a couple of grand? If that's the case, try adjusting your idle mixture screws (the manual should have baseline settings - and tell you which way is rich / lean).

If it's still not quite right, then yes - raise the float level by 2 mm and test. It's really just trial and error now.

Back
Top Bottom