125cc to 150cc engine swap

tom050162

Ride Bmx, Race motorbikes.
Basically ive swapped my cg125 engine out for a 150cc champ engine. Heres the issue.

The 150cc engine was a cdi so I've swapped the stator plate, flywheel, points from my cg125 engine onto the 150cc engine and now I can the bike to run,
Would anyone be able to advise me what I could do in order to get the engine to work? whether that entails changing the bike over to cdi or not?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Would the conversion work on the 125 engine if I was to want to put it back into the frame?

well seeing as I couldn't get it to run I figured id take it out and put the old one back in until I got the needed parts such as the cdi, loom coil etc.

And now the engine feels like there's no compression and it wont fire it, its got spark, petrol, all I can think of is the timing must be out? when its turned over its sounds like its blowing air back out of the carb?

I'm real F***** off about it now seeing as it seems as though I've messed them up!

And von, I was going to try and get it to work with what I already had and then upgrade it when I got the parts through.

Re: 125cc to 150cc engine swap

Sounds like it's out of time. Maybe 180 degrees out if it's trying to backfire through the carb like that. I'm unfamiliar with the timing marks on that engine, though.

Turns out the advancer on the flywheel (being points) was 180 degrees out so the spark was happing at 0 amount of compression when the piston was at the bottom of its stroke, left it overnight and it fired up 3rd kick no problems, might consider putting the 150 engine into it now it works with the 125

Back
Top Bottom