GOT PURE-GAS? Free-Easy-Fast test for HIDDEN ETHANOL.

trek97

No Custom Title
DTT BOTM WINNER
Here is the FAST-FREE-EASY way to ensure the PURE-GAS you're paying for is in fact, just that, PURE-GAS.

Surely by this point most know.

You don't run Ethanol laced fuel in your old Bike-Airplane-Boat-Mower-Weedeater-Chain saw-so on...

Ethanol is a SOLVENT it damages both, aluminum and rubber/plastic parts in Carbs and fuel lines.

Ethanol will absorb humidity out of the air through gas cap vents.

Ethanol is the EVIL ENEMY destroying toys and tools alike.

I did a comparison w Ethanol and Pure-Gas.

Add an inch or two of water to a clear bottle and mark level w marker.

Add a few inches of fuel to the bottle.

Shake the shit out of it and set it down.

It only takes a couple seconds to see any Ethanol mix with the water and separate from the fuel.

Before shaking....Ethonal on left, Pure-gas on right

11494-260519075259-52781177.jpeg

After...

11494-260519075300-52791327.jpeg

Source for this test... https://www.autofuelstc.com/fuel_testing.phtml

How to find PURE-GAS... https://www.pure-gas.org/

Just for fun I decided to go a step further and see how much more Ethanol I could remove from the fuel.

Being careful not to overdo it and add Water/Ethanol. I gently poured the fuel off the top of Ethonal bottle into another bottle w water.

11494-260519101835-5280538.jpeg

Shook the shit out of it. Seems the first round removed most of the Ethanol.

Now is this Pure-Gas? I won't be adding it to the tank to find out. haha. ;)

11494-260519101835-5281833.jpeg

During Florida 'summer' the 98%+ humidity, ethanol just sucks water out of the air if you don't have a sealed system (all new cars, bikes, fuel injection, etc) I fucking hate the farm lobby who conned congress into this shit. It costs more to add ethanol than to process gas from crude (depending on crude oil prices) the only people who really benefit are the massive conglomerates not average Joe farmer or anyone with a vehicle. While I'm on my 'high horse' what fucking idiot decided coal is 'safer' than nuclear power? Coal power plants dump way more nasty stuff including radio active material than any nuclear power plant. Not only is that totally ignored, it isn't even monitored. Look at the comment's, presenters response to my question.
https://youtu.be/qd_lBPbeVrQ

crazypj said:
During Florida 'summer' the 98%+ humidity, ethanol just sucks water out of the air if you don't have a sealed system (all new cars, bikes, fuel injection, etc) I fucking hate the farm lobby who conned congress into this shit. It costs more to add ethanol than to process gas from crude (depending on crude oil prices) the only people who really benefit are the massive conglomerates not average Joe farmer or anyone with a vehicle. While I'm on my 'high horse' what fucking idiot decided coal is 'safer' than nuclear power? Coal power plants dump way more nasty stuff including radio active material than any nuclear power plant. Not only is that totally ignored, it isn't even monitored. Look at the comment's, presenters response to my question.
https://youtu.be/qd_lBPbeVrQ
Coal is in continued decline in the US, despite the actions and visuals the current administration projects. It's all political ploy, and really not measured in actual numbers outside of electoral votes. The deregulation will do little when compared to market costs of resources. The current threat to nuclear expansion in the US is cheap natural gas, mostly coming from shale, not coal. Regardless, US nuclear power produces 30% of the world's total electric generation. 2 new plants are being built, and we have access to skilled technicians and engineers that few other countries have from the US Navy. As a former Navy nuke, I can proudly say I 'm one of them. ;) It's easy to get jobs with that background, if you want to be in that life.

I guess you already knew about the environmental issues from coal. The link wasn't so much for the reactor but the reply the guy gave when I asked. Too many 'environmentalists'. only 'know' the shock and awe as they are the 'cannon fodder' for demonstrations. (you know most people are dumb in many area's, even high IQ intelligent ones) Hell, my wife has IQ around 168 but is dumb as a box of rocks outside her field. Seems the main reason for not producing different reactors isn't the unknown and development costs but the difficulty in weaponizing byproducts?

crazypj said:
I guess you already knew about the environmental issues from coal. The link wasn't so much for the reactor but the reply the guy gave when I asked. Too many 'environmentalists'. only 'know' the shock and awe as they are the 'cannon fodder' for demonstrations. (you know most people are dumb in many area's, even high IQ intelligent ones) Hell, my wife has IQ around 168 but is dumb as a box of rocks outside her field. Seems the main reason for not producing different reactors isn't the unknown and development costs but the difficulty in weaponizing byproducts?
Three Mile Island is the main reason nuclear power got shuttled in the US. Chernobyl probably doesn't help- in the US or the rest of the world. Public trust is its biggest obstacle.

Re: GOT PURE-GAS? Free-Easy-Fast test for HIDDEN ETHANOL.

The Japanese tsunami was what triggered Germany to abandon nuclear. Siemens (urged by the German government) even dumped their partnership with a Russian company to build reactor plants. Canada quit years ago, and it is a shame because I considered them world leaders. Disposal of the waste is nuclear power's biggest issue beyond the politics, but coal has many similar issues. Ash piles get bigger and bigger. One collapsed over a decade ago here in Tennessee, and they are still fighting the consequences. Still the US sets on the largest fossil fuel reserve on earth - the Appalachian coal reserves. I'm fine with keeping them for the future. There are very clean high-temperature coal burning methods that can be exploited, but natural gas is cheap and easy. Right now.

BTW, I had an interview with Admiral Rickover two weeks after TMI. Commanders were running into rooms and hiding under desks when the word was passed that he was roaming the halls.

Back
Top Bottom