KZ650 no clever title

Would an early R1 style slide into that opening by any chance? Might look good with integrated signal LEDs. My R6 unit didn't light up the plate well enough, so I got a strip of LEDs from Autozone and wired that in and it seems to work fine. I also added 3 bulb led strips as flashers under the seat where they are invisible until they flash.

i have a CBR light that i was using with the stock tail piece. the problem now is that the frame is almost even with the bottom of curve. so i have very little room for anything to fit under there. most of the modern OEM style lights are not finished behind the lens. so its looks bad.
this will keep evolving. i just wanted something different and had this option available.

Integrated lights are usually pretty shallow - apart from the lens. How much depth and Height do you have to play with?

If you want to go minimalist, you could get a light bar from http://www.cosmicleds.com/bars_flexarray/ They have a couple that have flasher ends and brake/tail in the center. They could mount on teh frame hoop and be invisible until they light up for a stealth look, or make a bracket and move them closer to the edge.

here is a pic of me riding last weekend. still doing lots of work on the bike.

image.jpg

just a few pics of the shift side rear sets ive been working on. these look like a gorrila chewed them right now, but i promise to clean them up before mounting.

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

well my right rear shock was losing oil so it was time for an upgrade. i picked these up from Ebay. just had to make some spacers for the top mount and bushings for the bottom mount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190680660026?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

went on a ride today and so far so good. much better than what i had on there. stiffer, but no more pogo

Nice work, love the shaker tip. I have that same header on my 550, I cut the muffler off ant the weld and made a baffle for it. Nice work on the tail too. Did mine out of aluminum too and integrate the tail light into it. Check it out in my build thread

dcmspikes said:
well my right rear shock was losing oil so it was time for an upgrade. i picked these up from Ebay. just had to make some spacers for the top mount and bushings for the bottom mount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190680660026?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

went on a ride today and so far so good. much better than what i had on there. stiffer, but no more pogo

Now you need to adjust that chain.
dcmspikes said:

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

Now you NEED to adjust and oil that chain or what's left of it.

^^^^ im not sure what that means or how to take it. I'm laughing, but maybe i should not be. i usually just call it "my bike. . . . no, the one that runs"

some updates

so, i have been working on this contraption. not nearly as much as i have been riding it. lately i have been working on the more modern dual front disc set-up and i made a fork brace.

so this is one of the rotors and the carrier i had water jet out of .25" Al.
DSCN0077.jpg

now i am making some spacers that fit behind this carrier to bring the rotors out so that the calipers clear the spokes. one is done. no pic yet

this is the fork brace

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0081.jpg

bad part is that it doesn't brace very much. its 5052 18g AL. i was hoping the beads would stiffen it up, but there is still lots of flex in it. oh well, for a few ounces its better than nothing and a good time learning

almost there

ok. made some spacers that attach at the hub and then register the rotor carriers.

DSCN0084_zps6af141de.jpg

last night i found out that all i have to do is weld some more material to the caliper bracket and drill/tap a hole.
the bracket with extra material ( before final shaping and hole)
DSCN0086_zps7b43e222.jpg

hopefully tonight i will have it all bolted up. on one side at least. almost there.

well, i put it all together and the speedo drive hit the bolt heads holding the rotors on. so off to the machine shop to make a speedo block off/spacer and while i was at it i made the spacer for the other side of the wheel out of Aluminum as well. here it is.

IMAG0005-1.jpg

IMAG0006-2.jpg

IMAG0004-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom