Clark Abalone 14FT Boat. "Alestorm II"

Re: Clark Abalone 14FT Boat. "Alestorm II"

Thanks Cx, all that has been disconnected a while ago. I can follow a wire to see that it is disconnected but I am sure there would be more than 1 for the vro system.

there is on in the engine somewhere on 86 and later motors ui m a bit sketchy on this item as it was when i was kgetting away from them

also if it is a steady alarm recheck your the motor thermostat or use a temp guage

discoonect the red wire sensor and try it once you are sure the motor is running cool

The tell-tale is just an indicator that the water pump is pumping water to the engine, it does not mean the cooling system is operating properly. The tell-tale could show a good stream and the thermostat could be stuck or defective and the engine would still overheat, that's the reason for the temp sender and horn.

You are a wealth of info. Cheers mate.

I will disconnect the thermo wire next time the alarm goes off and see what happens. If the alarm stops we will know the culprit.

The alarm is a series of fast beeps followed by a pause. From what I can find on the net that is the indicator for low oil. It is also for low fuel flow on the higher HP models.

brody is it a continuous beep half second on half second off?

if so the NO OIL sensor is at the fuel pump some where and was not dissconnected when the vro was pulled

Re: Clark Abalone 14FT Boat. "Alestorm II"

It is more 2 seconds on followed by half second pause.

My initial though was that some of the wires for the vro were still connected but the PO who is an outboard mech said he never had that problem.

The fuel pump is still the vro pump.

Back
Top Bottom