1974 CB360 air pods?

kylenicholson

Hey. So I a gettig ready to rip off the old air boxes and replaced them with k&n pods. I know there are a few topics floating around here. Has anyone done this with the stock carbs on the 360? Any advice on tuning? I had someone suggest to copy the length of distance to the air box by adding a small section (2-3 inches) of pipe in-between the pods and carbs to match distance for air flow. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dont do it, unless you are ready to drop more coin and time for tuning (I speak from exp with my 74 360 it ran ok but not as good as stock) Not saying it cant be done. Just depends on what you want and the look your going for. I loved the look but tunning and adjustments drove me nuts.

I thinking stacks at first, but I thought the carbs would be more of an issue with them than pods. Any suggestions as to what stacks to use and tuning?

I went with some stacks from Steel Dragon Performance. Good product and the price was reasonable. Tuning will depend on a lot of other factors, but unless you're running any other modifications just start with the stock jets and go from there.

A word of advice for running stacks, be prepared to re-hone and re-ring your pistons every 5000 miles or so. You'll notice increased wear on your valves and valve seats, too.

Number one question is, what exhaust setup are you running? Check crazypjs build, as well as Sonreir and Milehighs. All get pretty in depth on tuning 360s with pods/stacks.

Back
Top Bottom