XL250 Project Lowbuck

Front fork is on. Will be lacing up wheels with stainless steel spokes with brass nipples and putting Shinko 705's on hopefully by end of next week.

I added a pic of what it looked like when I picked it up and started breaking it down.

Attachments

• IMAG1015.jpg
    IMAG1015.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,888
  • IMAG1017.jpg
    IMAG1017.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Shinko_705.jpg
    Shinko_705.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 2,203
  • IMAG0708.jpg
    IMAG0708.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,061
that thing is going to look fuckin mean. love the tank and the engine colour. i'm just a little envious.

Re: XL250 Project Lowbuck...Bobbin it

Ok, going a totally different direction on this bike now. Going to be a bobber since I have the itch for one.

The second pic is my inspiration. Going to get rid of the burnt copper color I did on the tank. And now I am thinking of powder coating the wheels instead of the paint I used.

Project "lowbuck" just got a bit more expensive. Has anyone ever seen an XL250 turned into a bobber? Would love to see some pics.

PS. Does anyone know how to move this over to the "bob and chop" section or does a mod have to do it?

Attachments

• IMAG1145 (1).jpg
    IMAG1145 (1).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,917
  • vintage-bobber-brat-chopper-motorcycle-parts-accessories.jpg
    vintage-bobber-brat-chopper-motorcycle-parts-accessories.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2,010
im digging the color!! i think you could go the direction of a cool brat...
my 1975 Honda xl350 is going in the direction of maybe a bobber, brat, tracker or something like that.....
youre in AZ right? i saw your bike listed on CL a while back...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=37491.0

Yep, it was on Craigslist. I am now possibly trading it for a 76 CB360. I keep going back and forth on trading it. I am leaning more towards just keeping it and finishing the build this winter. Just seems like it will be one bad ass ride when done.

I vote keep it! I agree it is gonna be badass! And different! Not a lot of xls done up cool floating around! Plenty of the cbs and cls around! Plus a single sounds Damn cool too! Maybe my xl will give you some inspiration to keep it! Would be cool to see another xl cruising around AZ.

Yeah, ended up keeping it. All my projects are put on hold though due to having to do a double move while our house is being built. Just couldn't let the bike go.

hey Man... You used Appliance Epoxy on the frame, right? Did you prime it before?

Those rear shocks are cheap chinese crap. But, they were in the parts bin and were available.

I do not have the bike anymore. Sold it.

I am bummed you sold that I just picked up a 75 XL250 with title here in Tucson. Thats allright you got to do what you got to do.

BIG E said:
I am bummed you sold that I just picked up a 75 XL250 with title here in Tucson. Thats allright you got to do what you got to do.

There are two of them on Craigslist there in Tuscon for $300. I am so tempted! But, I just picked up a 73 CL350 yesterday.

hey i am building a xl 250 as well and i am wondering if you absolutely have to change the triple clamps in order to put a CB front wheel on it... is it just a matter of getting the tire to fit in between the forks?
thanks,
-Nolan

I never had a chance to really test fit one of my CB front wheels. I put an axel off of one up to the mounting plate of the XL tubes and it fit perfect. It seems the CB wheel will work with no mods but don't know for sure. Wish I could clarify for you but not positive.

Back
Top Bottom