What is your favorite tool? why?

My persauder (sledgehammer) for those job's that need a soft touch ;D

Attachments

• 29062012079.jpg
    29062012079.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 242
I think my favorite tool has to be my glass plate. 10mm thick, 60x60cm. Nothing more satisfying than lapping by hand. Any excuse to stand for an hour making figure 8's whilst enjoying a herbal cigarette.

Definitely my dremel, saves does what an angle grinder can do, but can get into those engine fins with ease for polishing and other stuff

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

My grandfathers old 1940's 1/2 inch drive snap on ratchet with extended handle. Works great for axles, and doubles great as a hammer. Not something I'd normally do, but he did it on aircraft for 40+ years, and it still works great. For when something's really stuck I get out his 3/4 drive lol!

this....

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/361881377049_/27-Piece-1-2-DRIVE-Heavy-Duty-6-Point.jpg

its Russian, tougher than granite, the ratchet has 2 moving parts, a spring and a ball bearing, the actual ratchet drive square bit just pushes through from one side the the other doing away with pesky reverse direction mechanisms
the case is solid steel, I've used the extension as a drift to drive out an axle that had a bearing seized onto it and whilst it killed the axle the bar was untouched. I've used the case as a welding stand (without realising it) and all it did was take off a few square inches of paint. I've used various bits as hammers and no damage
the thing is indestructible and as a bonus it has a list of the contents printed in Russian
I've also seen the general tool kit and woodworking versions but stupidly didn't buy them
this one cost me $10 brand new and whilst it was a pain to carry round the swap meet for the day it was worth every beer token.

The angle grinder is a good one....but the time sert repair kit probably just nicks it for me. Love the way pooped threads become good, or better than new with that thing.

Titan performance said:
The angle grinder is a good one....but the time sert repair kit probably just nicks it for me. Love the way pooped threads become good, or better than new with that thing.

I would agree. Angle grinder is a must have. I use it more than anything else.

Sonreir™ said:
My favorite tool is the DTT forum.

+1

or maybe Vice-grips, so versatile and handy to have in an emergency, I know a guy that even used one for a gear shift when his broke off. Great for travel tool kit.

Back
Top Bottom