Rd400f stock exhaust emission assy

Timenter

Hi everyone, new member here, I have a 79 Daytona , original owner, 99 percent original. I want it 100 percent, I need the vacuum assembly that controls the exhaust butterfly's, i have the stock pipes and cast iron manifold, just need the rest, I have to believe with all the Daytona,s with Chambers, somebody has these parts lying around, let me know if you can help, thanks

Hey do you have the linkage to connect it to the exhaust valve? There were less than 4500 Daytona's made for the US market so parts are out there but getting kind of hard to locate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

No I don't have the linkage arm, I need the vacuum assembly and bracket, linkage arm and the arms that attach to the the butterfly shafts, I would gladly pay for the complete assembly if someone has it

I should have an extra vacuum actuator but not the linkage. We could probably make some of that stuff from the originals. The arms that connect to the linkage would be the most difficult since they are a 2 piece design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Thanks for the reply. The more I think about it, the more parts I know I'm missing. If memory serves, the intake manifolds were also part of the assembly, along with the tee hoses that served the vacuum actuator. I appreciate the offer from you but I think I'll just hold off, I'm hoping the entire assembly turns up sometime, the bike runs great now, and its a blast to ride. It's just something I'd like to get back on it sometime, until then I'll just enjoy it.

Attachments

• 1979%20RD400F%20Daytona%20Special.jpg
    1979%20RD400F%20Daytona%20Special.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 191
In OZ they weren't called Daytona special and we didn't have the US emissions exhaust or those odd carbs. We did get the electronic ignition on E and F models - more or less the same as an RZ ignition.

Nice bike Clem

Nice bike Clem! Nothing better than original. We go to mid Ohio every year for AMA vintage days, between my brother and I and our two sons, we take a dozen or more bikes, KZs, hodakas and the Daytona, the RD always gets the attention. if it ain't smokin, it's broken

Back
Top Bottom