CNC Tube bender - like it's pooping tube

jay_kent

1979 cb650
This certainly would simplify those exhaust bends Rockcity has been doing.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVqX4VMocwo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVqX4VMocwo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Jay

Dude, I just watched that three times and I'm pretty sure thats one of the coolest things I've ever seen... machinery-wise.

Dude.

Dude. :eek:

- boingk

boingk said:
Dude, I just watched that three times and I'm pretty sure thats one of the coolest things I've ever seen... machinery-wise.

Dude.

Dude. :eek:

- boingk
What he said X 1000 ;D

I think we need to start up a DTT money collection..... everybody pitches in and gets free custom exhausts for the cost of the material!

I think we need to start up a DTT money collection..... everybody pitches in and gets free custom exhausts for the cost of the material!

Meanwhile, note our collective knowledge and rescources into a 'Machinery Bible' and say we're a devout religion that worships the prophet Combustor; a lively spirit found within the heart of every machine and longing to be released via good workmanship and hard riding.

Claim tax credits, make sweet machines, game over.

- boingk

boingk said:
Meanwhile, note our collective knowledge and rescources into a 'Machinery Bible' and say we're a devout religion that worships the prophet Combustor; a lively spirit found within the heart of every machine and longing to be released via good workmanship and hard riding.

Claim tax credits, make sweet machines, game over.

- boingk

Fucking Awesome!!! ;D

I talked to the company at length about that machine. It is very new and very expensive. As such, I was only able to find one company in the US that has one. It can only bend up to 1.25" OD. They do make one in the sizes we need, but to the best of my finding, there was no one in NA that has one. Dennis at www.dpcars.net and I chatted about this. He was looking into it a lot more heavily than I and was having no luck either.

There are other CNC options that are very cost effective.

--Chris

motofiaccone said:
I talked to the company at length about that machine. It is very new and very expensive. As such, I was only able to find one company in the US that has one. It can only bend up to 1.25" OD. They do make one in the sizes we need, but to the best of my finding, there was no one in NA that has one. Dennis at www.dpcars.net and I chatted about this. He was looking into it a lot more heavily than I and was having no luck either.

There are other CNC options that are very cost effective.

--Chris

I know that the other options are cheaper, I'm a sucker for new technology. But this kinda puts in the "why didn't we think about this before" category. Soon enough like everything the price will come down as more people see the applications for it.

jay

Wow that is nice. I have a JDM Model 4 with air assist hydraulic ram and I thought it was nice. I have the dies to do exhaust tubing just never have played with it. It does roll cages lickety split.

Now do that by hand where if your off by a half a degree in one radius, it throws everything out to lunch a foot down to the end... Not fun when you make the same bloody tube for two days and it comes back less than 1/4" out of where it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom