Mirrors

betz74

I need some mirrors for my cafe project. I am using clubman bars but don't really like the look of the bar end mirrors. Are there any other options? While I don't like the look of the bar-ends I do like living so I may go with them if that is my only option. I haven't really seen any clubmans with standard mirrors, is there a reason they don't work? or is it just aesthetic?

Thanks
Brian

Bar end mirrors are extremely easy to adjust - but you could put normal mirrors on the mounts. People have put them upside down and Troybuilt for one had a single mirror on a longer arm mounted on his fork.

I use one of these. It's small though and made for 1" bars. I shimmed mine with a rubber strip.

0000-Jaybrake-1--Inch-Clamp-On-Mirror.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/14/138/21587/23317/PITEM/Jaybrake-Billet-Clamp-On-Mirror-2008-Suzuki-C109R-Parts.aspx

Big R said:
Bar end mirrors are extremely easy to adjust - but you could put normal mirrors on the mounts. People have put them upside down and Troybuilt for one had a single mirror on a longer arm mounted on his fork.

Actually I think Troy's is mounted on the down tube section of the frame!

Just spend some time searching around. Theres a million calmp on universal mirrors that would work.

When purchasing mirrors for bikes with drag bars, clip-ons or clubmans; remember your riding position! The area that your head , shoulders, and arms will be in can interfere with your line of sight using mirrors that are located above the hands or inside of the shoulder width! Bar end mirrors move the mirrors to the outside of the riders body to offer you unobstructed vision. That in it self is worth the sacrifice of the look to me! I did not like bar ends at first, but they have grown on me quite a bit! I think I like them more because of thier funtionality!

Cheers

tWistedWheelz said:
When purchasing mirrors for bikes with drag bars, clip-ons or clubmans; remember your riding position! The area that your head , shoulders, and arms will be in can interfere with your line of sight using mirrors that are located above the hands or inside of the shoulder width! Bar end mirrors move the mirrors to the outside of the riders body to offer you unobstructed vision. That in it self is worth the sacrifice of the look to me! I did not like bar ends at first, but they have grown on me quite a bit! I think I like them more because of thier funtionality!

Cheers

Thanks man. That makes sense. I assumed there was a reason since I haven't seen many/any bikes with clubmans and standard position mirrors. I guess I will have to get used to the bar ends. I like living more than looking good. I have a bunch of pics of my project and am about to try your painting tips. I had some hang-ups with my tank having more rust than I originally thought, but I will start a build thread soon.

Thanks
Again

I can't see past my shoulders on any factory mirrors. Bar ends are a great option and they clean up the look nicely too. Personally I always thought mirrors on the helmet similar to bicyclists sometimes have would be kinda cool (insert insect antennae joke here) but I dunno what John Law would have ot say about that. I have an extra Arai that I'm eventually going to make 'glass "pods" for a pair of 2"d 12v 25w halogen spots. They came from Ikea of all places and are used for very tight accent lighting. The bulbs themselves are cheap...I think I spent a grand total of $4.99 for a pair and they are friggin' bright.

Sorry for the threadjack, pain killers make me loopy

Mount this under the tail...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Mini-Rearview-Backup-Camera-Wide-Angle-Waterproof_W0QQitemZ330377027851QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cec01610b

...and this on the bars:
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5-Inch-TFT-LCD-SPY-Monitor-For-Security-CCTV-Camera_W0QQitemZ170422632277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27adfaff55

Problem solved! ;)

VonYinzer said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Mini-Rearview-Backup-Camera-Wide-Angle-Waterproof_W0QQitemZ330377027851QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cec01610b

...and this on the bars:
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5-Inch-TFT-LCD-SPY-Monitor-For-Security-CCTV-Camera_W0QQitemZ170422632277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27adfaff55

Problem solved! ;)

Hmmm......or you could just get X to tha Z to pimp yo ride!

Hell put some neons under it, LED's all over it, a lava lamp on the tail, and four 10" sub with a 2000 watt sound system! Add a trailer hitch to pull your power supply and mount a stripper pole on it!

Let's Party! Depending on what stripper you get I think that one may take Gold at Daytona!

No swagger, I have an appreciation for all things custom, to each his own! I just think the over-the-stuff that has no function at all is just funny! I watch those shows and laugh my ass off! I just hate to see the thousands of dollars spent on a heap that will never be worth a third of the money used to make it! It is entertaining though!

VonYinzer said:

...and this on the bars:

Problem solved! ;)

I kid you not that is what my dad wants for his bike. His found a license plate mounted camera, wireless, that came with the monitor as a set for dirt cheap so he bought 2. The monitors are small enough to fit in the stock square mirrors. I'll mount each camera so that it looks at the rear and toward the blind spots on both sides.

and I just read the rest of the post, guess I'll be tricking out his ride with a LED lightshow and tigerhead with lasers for eyes to keep you guys amused. LOL

Jay

jay_kent said:
I kid you not that is what my dad wants for his bike. His found a license plate mounted camera, wireless, that came with the monitor as a set for dirt cheap so he bought 2. The monitors are small enough to fit in the stock square mirrors. I'll mount each camera so that it looks at the rear and toward the blind spots on both sides.

and I just read the rest of the post, guess I'll be tricking out his ride with a LED lightshow and tigerhead with lasers for eyes to keep you guys amused. LOL

Jay

Hahahaha! Sweet, please dress the part and video it as a fake over-exaggerated (if that is possible) Pimp my Ride! Edit it up with some super cheesy effects and youtube it! that would be soooo effin funny!

Problem with the camera idea is the vibration. The cam would be so shaky you wouldn't know what was behind you.

Holiday said:
Problem with the camera idea is the vibration. The cam would be so shaky you wouldn't know what was behind you.

It isn't. I have been toying with the idea aswell, couldn't find a propper watertight display though. This bike:

inoxcbx.jpg

Has one, but I know he had the display specially made by an electronics company.

Go for the bar ends. Just not those cheap and cheesy, extra sleazy pieces of pot metal shite sold through Shadetree Powersports or JC Whitney. Some Emgo parts are fine, their bar end mirrors are junk. Squared. The hardware strips out in the blink of an eye. Just as the bolt snugs down the threads rip out.

I'm going to run a super bike bend bar on mine. So called "Amal" lever and perch sets with a standard mirror mount hole. Takes a Harley type drop through mirror. I test fit the clubmans earlier this week and my stainless steel plated shoulder locked up. Still isn't working right.

There are 4 things you DO NOT cheap out on. Tires, handlebar, brake linings (be they pad or shoe, go at least EBC on them) and mirrors. If the turn signals fall off going down the road, who cares, looks better without them anyway. Headlight bucket breaks, run it over and go pick up another one, they are inexpensive. Blow out a front tire at 90, go home in a ziploc bag...

Back
Top Bottom