tough decision!

ShinerWhinner

alright guys i am in a pickle here. I am picking my first bike and found a guy who sells honda cb's. The thing is though i am in love with three bike and need help deciding what to get. I am stuck between a honda cb 350, honda 360t, and a honda 750 four. The first two are 74's and the 750 is a 76. All are in perfect running conditon with all aroung 6,000 miles on them. So if you were me which would you choose. oh and include pros and cons on why. btw all are the same price.thanks

CB750 for sure. Though a CJ360T + a CB750 would be perfect. One for short jaunts round the city, the other for longer trips. That's what I got. CB750 is more of a desired classic motorcycle than the others. Though the CJ360T is a very rare bike....

750 has the most parts support/availability.

360s look the most British of the 70s Honda twins.

Some of the 350s had torsion bar valves, some had normal valves, don't remember when they switched (450 twins were the same way).

I remember the last shop I was with getting in a CB360 with 6 original miles on it. Came with a 350 twin with 17 miles on it. The 350 (red and white) sold right away. The metallic orange 360 hung around for months. The 750 that came with was gone in under 5 minutes (69 with the sandcast engine block).

What is your intended use? Lots of street time in traffic go for the 750, it can keep up better than the twins. Bike nights and backroad fun go for the 360. General purpose have fun flogging the wee out of it any of the three will do.

First vintage metric? Go for the 750, hands down. Kinda like a belly button or a 32 Ford, most everyone in the scene has one at one time... ;)

I would go with the 360T as it is a bit rare and yop can pick up a 750 anytime,anywhere.
However, if it's one bike and one bike only,...ever...then the 750.

If it were up to me I would go with a twin. I have both a 450 and 750. Yeah, the aftermarket parts are very available for the 750, but I've never had a problem getting parts for any Honda. The twin will be lighter, and easier to work on, IMHO.

Id pick the 750 for a FIRST bike. Lots of market for them to sell, buy and parts. Ive been at shows where more people stop to look at my stock 79 750 than the sportsters beside it.

Second bike, ether.

I'd put in an offer for one of the small twins. Perfect characteristics for a first bike; not overpowered, top speed is very usable but not excessive, handling should be quite nice. Maintenance for a twin is also somewhat less than for a four (half the amount of everything!).

Having a large, heavy 750 that'll let you do some whacky speeds as a first bike would not be my recommendation. Learn on one of the smaller ones and get something larger later if you feel the need to push the envelope. Besides, you can keep one of those little twins around without taking up much space at all. The 750? Hmmmm...

Cheers - boingk

having had 4's and twins, I'd go with the twin for a first bike, parts are half as expensive as you've got 2 of everything instead of 4, might not have the top end of a 750, but I rarely took the 750 up to where it could go, my best rides were on stupidly twisty roads somewhere between 40 and 70mph, the 360 will do that just fine

Back
Top Bottom