The Fastest Youve ever gone...

Jfishsolevibe

Coast to Coast
so whats th fastest youve ever traveled on a bike or in a car?

I dont have a lot of experience with fast bikes, but the fastest ive ever traveled was about 195 in a buddies Supra. crazy shit.

Officially, 210 km/h radar timed on my old Blackbird. Unofficially, 220 indicated on a stretch of 401 west of Toronto.

175-185mph driving a ferrari f-40, didnt exactly wanna glance down going so fast lol. it had upgraded turbos intercoolers and injectors and was tuned on cam2.

fastest ive gone in my personal vehicle (although no one will believe me seeing how its a honda) was 157mph (according to speedo) while racing a c5 on 295.

Jfishsolevibe said:
NICE! An F40 hotrodded out! Had to be a pleasure!

yah it was a very cool car, i actually used to work for fox valley motorcars in chicago (lamborghini chicago) so i got the opportunity to drive some very cool and expensive cars.

on the back of my dads 79 CB750K, 220km with room for more

ONCE My 97 V6 Mustang toped out at 185km with the limiter on a highway somewhere in the states,
ONCE My 76 D100 to 180km (318, 727 and 2.71 rear end) It had lots of room for more just the steering was a getting scary loose

My bike... the ton... just... I think my fuel filter is restricting me. I will be loosing it with my new tank.

Yo, Canucks, some of us Stateside guys need MPHs-not too quick the maths over here ;)

135mph- 2004 CBR-made every thing seem like it was standing still.
130mph-'62 Impala with tuned 350/350 combo-pretty mellow except for the exhaust/header sound.

150 MPH, tuned and wicked 1986 GSXR1100....country road at dusk, far faster than I care to ever travel again.

I had a heavily tuned CBR929RR that would happily rocket to 150mph with more "fun" room left on the twister! I would frequently send the needle to 160mph, but the fastest I ever had her was 183mph as stated by the memory speedo! 183mph is way too fast to look at the speedo so the memory speedo is nice to have if your crazy stupid enough to run up to those speeds on the street! Some of you may have read the story of my little scare on that bike (which lead to me selling her). It is in some thread in lounging, I think the "doing the ton" thread or one like this one, don't really remember. I was much younger and had more testosterone and nuts than cognitive activity! Luckily I survived that incident and many others, and grew out of that stage! I am still a speed nut but I find safer places and times to get my fix! I find more fun in the twisties (when I can get to some good ones) than the balls out straights these days!

160mph

1990 vw jetta vr6 turbo w/ passat tall gears
scary b/c a car like that shoe box wants to start floating at that speed

Bmpaul02 said:
160mph
1990 vw jetta vr6 turbo w/ passat tall gears
scary b/c a car like that shoe box wants to start floating at that speed

Dude, that had to be some scary shit! I rode with a guy at around 110mph in a jetta and that thing was floating all over the road! I told him when I got out that jetta's were never designed to run over 85mph!

tWistedWheelz said:
Dude, that had to be some scary shit! I rode with a guy at around 110mph in a jetta and that thing was floating all over the road! I told him when I got out that jetta's were never designed to run over 85mph!

this car was built for the highway. Full weld in cage made it stiff as hell, Good suspension kept it planted low and wide wheels and steering rack kept it firm

hmm...how fast do you think a 1980 maxim-i 650 would go? i pegged out the speedo in 4th (85+?) long before i clicked 5th, and ran it until it stopped accelerating.

oh, and i was about 110lbs and 15 years old at the time.

Hmm...Was riding shotgun in a WRX STI with over 400hp to the wheels and hit 140-150 mph racing an M3.

Fastest in my GTI has been 125mph.

Jfishsolevibe said:
so whats th fastest youve ever traveled on a bike or in a car?

I dont have a lot of experience with fast bikes, but the fastest ive ever traveled was about 195 in a buddies Supra. crazy shit.

When the first vfr750 came out late eighties i think . i saw 155mph on clock coming back from Holland at 4 am.
In the race outfit GSX1140, 145mph and the GSXR 1230 clocked at 154mph and all six inches above the ground the ultimate buzz cant find anything to match ;D

miss alliekat said:
When the first vfr750 came out late eighties i think . i saw 155mph on clock coming back from Holland at 4 am.
In the race outfit GSX1140, 145mph and the GSXR 1230 clocked at 154mph and all six inches above the ground the ultimate buzz cant find anything to match ;D

Where were you when I was single?

Whenever I first got my driver's license and my parents trusted me to drive without their watchful eyes I took my mom's 91 Plymouth Acclaim up to about 115 or 120 mph in broad daylight. That car was not made to go that fast! Then when i bought a 91 Chevy S-10 some of us were racing to a bar and I had the needle buried (I think it went up to 90) when a cop actually caught me. Didn't pull me over - but at the time I was working steady midnight in a gas station and he came in the next night and gave me a very stern lecture. I've gotten very lucky and have no need or desire to go that fast anymore.

In a car as a passenger: Around 160+. 95 Integra, turbo, sat about 2" from the road. Stupid fast. Running on Rt51 from PA to Ohio.
In a car driving: Im not entirely sure, but it was a beat ass old Plymouth hatchback. Speedo went to 120 and it was buried for a good two min. on Rt60 in PA where the highway runs downhill for a few miles. The car had no shifter (5 speed) just vice grips welded on, and started with a fork. It was my buddys, and I actually destroyed the entire rear suspension on it "rally racing" on some dirt roads by the river. Got it sideways at 60 mph than BOOM! Down she went.
On a bike: 100+. Ive never ridden any modern bikes too hard. Just around town. Was on a friends old cb750 (1981) with no speedo. I was going fast enough that it seemed like the cars werent moving at all...

168mph gps verified on my SuperIII.......gotta love the Cosworth bits.
Daylight, sea level, 70* and a six mile straight with no intersections or traffic.
182 front straight of PIR, similar conditions, 02 R1 in race trim.

both scared me to death and thrilled me at the same time. Haven't gotten close in a few years....

Back
Top Bottom