air compressor

hecklejk

Been Around the Block
Hey guys, I am contemplating buying an air compressor to make use of some air tools... I am mainly looking at getting it for a paint sprayer, what capacity should I get? I am on a budget, so probably going to be looking for one on craigslist...

Cheers,
Kevin

you need to look at the CFM of the machine over anything, i have seen huge compressors that do not push near any CFM, look at your air tools to see what CFM they reqire to use and then base your purchase off that

JRK5892 said:
you need to look at the CFM of the machine over anything, i have seen huge compressors that do not push near any CFM, look at your air tools to see what CFM they reqire to use and then base your purchase off that

Thanks for the tip... what range should I be looking for?

Hey Kevin,

I had actually started talking to someone about this stuff in another thread, it is below. I actually have been doing a ton of research about this stuff lately. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Just let me know.

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=12854.0

i have a 30 gallon that i use air tools with (7psi@90) regular airtools not a problem, but die grinders,polishing wheels tend to make the motor run to keep up. i don't have to wait for the tank to fill, so it's ok.. hope this helps

The only issues I run into are these... with the smaller compressors they don't put out the CFM so they have to run longer... Most small compressors are also terribly loud. I like to hear music and other things when I work... not the drone of a compressor for 5 hours while I use my grinder or sandblaster

Back
Top Bottom