Kneeler Project

Both my ex Bob Mac Connies had that treatment - my mods. I was amazed that in the day nobody took much notice of beefing up what were basically pre-war bicycle designs !

When sidecars took over my life, I did the same mods - large shaped [ 1/8" ] plate top and bottom and boxed for max rigidity. As far as the Connies [ and Bullets ] were concerned I also added diagonal tubes in the area around the swing arm forward to the top spine tube.

Triumphs would also have benefitted from a similar upgrade to eliminate that "hinged in the middle" name they were given. One reason why the BSA and Norton frames were so successful - a full cradle design.

Sketch coming up Steff - hopefully before I'm off to Saxony [ only a week ].

Sorry mate only just saw you asked for a pic. I will get one once I am home from work.
It is not pretty, like most of the frame on my BSA.

Here ya go. Pretty rough job. Ohh and ignore my ugly mug in one of the photos. Hard to take a picture upside down.

0bb0dc576ee81fcd24a46fb293f99e20.jpg

d420b7171e004805e106857c0ab52cbf.jpg

Got a bit of deja vu going on.
This is with a track width of about 1 yd / 90 cm. My trials outfit is 3'3" / 1m.
Would like to take main mount from footrest brackets under cradle tube and run across to chair swinging arm pivot point. Still haven't worked out how to do it yet.
I'm open to suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 322
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 319
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 322
Swinging arm off the spares bike looking solid.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 316
Good on you, now i wish sweden would do the same. But that wont happen unless our current politicans collectively offs themselves before they can do more damage..
Now the fuckers want to join NATO and bully the rest of the world into silence..

datadavid said:
Good on you, now i wish sweden would do the same. But that wont happen unless our current politicans collectively offs themselves before they can do more damage..
Now the fuckers want to join NATO and bully the rest of the world into silence..

It's not been easy and I've lost some friends over this, it's like a bulletless civil war, and there are still forces at work hell bent on scuppering it. They had the media on their side and media blackouts on news from the continent, the majority of the incumbent government on their side, the eu on their side, 30 years of placement of europhiles in key strategic positions, all the eu funded economic advisory agencies, all the puppet eu leaders and malleable world leaders, a highly questionable electoral register and absolute misuse of power by the ex pm and hopefully soon to be ex chancellor ..... And the remainers are still complaining.
The 'official' result was 52% vs 48% but most people suspect it was closer to 70/30.
I'm hoping we are spelling the end of the eu. The post war dream was for a European Council of nation states to trade and collaborate together, not a totalitarian private superstate with its own private army and accountable to no one. We are only a little island but we can't half cause some trouble lol.

Erskine said:
It's not been easy and I've lost some friends over this, it's like a bulletless civil war, and there are still forces at work hell bent on scuppering it. They had the media on their side and media blackouts on news from the continent, the majority of the incumbent government on their side, the eu on their side, 30 years of placement of europhiles in key strategic positions, all the eu funded economic advisory agencies, all the puppet eu leaders and malleable world leaders, a highly questionable electoral register and absolute misuse of power by the ex pm and hopefully soon to be ex chancellor ..... And the remainers are still complaining.
The 'official' result was 52% vs 48% but most people suspect it was closer to 70/30.
I'm hoping we are spelling the end of the eu. The post war dream was for a European Council of nation states to trade and collaborate together, not a totalitarian private superstate with its own private army and accountable to no one. We are only a little island but we can't half cause some trouble lol.
Its funny that we are in the exact same situation here, seems the debate is engineered here to cover up the real issues. All we've been talking about in sweden is immigration and terrorism lately and media keeps the lid on about the TTIP trade deal, panama letters and stuff like that. Also we are currently being sold as a pawn for NATO and it cannot be publicly discussed.
There is pro-american, pro-nato War propaganda in swedish newspapers now. And we are supposed to be neutral!
That is extremely dangerous, and completely against the will of the people. We have not even been correctly informed.
If you thought sweden was a free country, it's not. Its even worse than dictatorship, since at least that is honest and very obvious in its evil.
We cant even protest because noone knows what is happening.
Sweden is lost.

datadavid said:
Its funny that we are in the exact same situation here, seems the debate is engineered here to cover up the real issues. All we've been talking about in sweden is immigration and terrorism lately and media keeps the lid on about the TTIP trade deal, panama letters and stuff like that. Also we are currently being sold as a pawn for NATO and it cannot be publicly discussed.
There is pro-american, pro-nato War propaganda in swedish newspapers now. And we are supposed to be neutral!
That is extremely dangerous, and completely against the will of the people. We have not even been correctly informed.
If you thought sweden was a free country, it's not. Its even worse than dictatorship, since at least that is honest and very obvious in its evil.
We cant even protest because noone knows what is happening.
Sweden is lost.

The neoliberals here are so manipulative of the young it's frightening. Can see now how our society has been deliberately softened up over the decades by eu sleepers in academic positions of power. Hats off to the eu, they have played a very clever and insidious long game to the point that most of the country who voted to stay in the circus did so because if they did otherwise they would be accused of xenophobia, racism and bigotry. Strange times.
I still don't understand the whole NATO bit ....... We've been so focused on stopping the eu army in its tracks.

Erskine said:
The neoliberals here are so manipulative of the young it's frightening. Can see now how our society has been deliberately softened up over the decades by eu sleepers in academic positions of power. Hats off to the eu, they have played a very clever and insidious long game to the point that most of the country who voted to stay in the circus did so because if they did otherwise they would be accused of xenophobia, racism and bigotry. Strange times.
I still don't understand the whole NATO bit ....... We've been so focused on stopping the eu army in its tracks.

Sweden is being turned from the last neutral country on earth to a forward base for Nato operations against Russia as we speak.
I did not believe all this(mig fighters in swedish aerospace, swedish navy spreading unfounded rumors of russian subs) to be anymore than weapons rustling for mandating increased military spending, until we gave up our neutrality.
Now shit is going south fast, and full scale military conflict may erupt at any time.
About the youth, we dont even have education here anymore, its all brainwashing.
Its all going to shit.
The loudest stupidest motherfuckers are the only ones who get to have a voice now.

Got the main spar fabbed up. Took a bit of work to mount off the foot peg lugs as they are different heights. Next bit will be the bugger, setting the toe in and welding together.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 310
A little progress today. I've made a bracket on to which the main diagonal brace will be welded. It's 1/4" plate and attached by 3 U clamps. I also made sleeves for the down tube to spread the pressure of the clamps. Might be a bit over kill but I want confidence in it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 310
So it's a bank holiday weekend here in the good ole UK of GB.
This means we can get pissed up Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night.
It's also a good time to stay at home and get some serious progress on.
Enter stage right a sheet of 8x4 ply, ruler, set square and pencil and time to get jiggy.
Lined everything up to give 12" lead and 12mm toe in and screwed it all down.
End of today, all tacked up on top and still rocking 12mm toe in.
Tomorrow I'll flip it over and crack on.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 290
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 297
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg